Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 474

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1172581 times)

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #3390 on: April 06, 2016, 09:27:21 PM »

The good Lord is playing with our thermostat again.....31 degrees this morning riding into work and forecast of 26 this coming Sunday morning.  It was almost 80 this past weekend.....weather is such a treat in East Tennessee...... ;D
Someone told me that Tennessee does in fact have both winter and summer.....sometimes on the same day.

I hear that this weekend the temperature  is supposed to get up around 70 or so in Middle TN. I don't have the option of riding to work, but we'll be out again this weekend.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

MC16LTD

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited (FLHTKSE)
« Reply #3391 on: April 07, 2016, 12:35:26 AM »

Installed Wild1's 10" mini-apes and installed a star/post bit security screw for my seat.  Getting bike ready for Thunder Beach.
2016 CVO Limited Palladium Silver & Phantom Blu, Fullsac DX w/2" Power Cores and Sleeves, SERT, Wild1's 10" mini-apes, HogTrough drink holder for those hot or cold days.

Rumblerider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic
« Reply #3392 on: April 07, 2016, 12:56:42 AM »

I'd like some pics, I'm trying to decide which brand/style I'd like to use.
Thanks Supershooter

Supershooter, I haven't forgotten about the pictures.  I had to order a couple of things to get the mounts like I want them.  I'll post some pics early next week after I get the install finished....
V&H Power Duals with Monster Ovals, SERT, GMR Performance Dyno Tune, Custom Dynamics Brake Light & Rear Turn Signals,  Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz for Front Signals, H-D DayMaker Head Lights and Aux Lights, and of course the Custom Billet Works "Screamin Eagle" on the Tour Pack!

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

• CVO1: '13 CVO Road King, 100th Anniv FLHRSE5
    • CVO2: '13 Camaro
    • CVO3: F250 Super Duty
« Reply #3393 on: April 07, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »

Installed Wild1's 10" mini-apes and installed a star/post bit security screw for my seat.  Getting bike ready for Thunder Beach.
:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
"It's All Good" FLHRSE5 110th anniversary, aka.. Road King. bars, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, H-D Aux light kit, saddlebag guards, always having something else powder coated to black ;) ,  Sundowner seat(when ride is 400+ miles per day)... -aka Todd

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3394 on: April 07, 2016, 12:25:20 PM »

About a month ago I replaced the SE Compensator and the clutch (Bandit) and planned to be 'done' in the primary for a while. I rode it to work Wednesday and the stator fried...
So last evening I replaced the stator.
Wheeeee! this is soooo fun... somedays, not so much
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #3395 on: April 07, 2016, 03:07:59 PM »

How much oil are you running in the primary?  Some of the guys with the Bandit are running low on the oil for the clutch but the compensator does not get enough oil for the long haul.  I've already had 5 compensators replaced, so I'm on the 6th one right now.  I run the AIM with the VP lock up and run one quart of Belray and so far it has lasted.  I had to replace the stator over the winter.  In 88,000 miles there isn't much I haven't replaced once or twice, it's a shame one has to replace enough parts that would build another bike just to put some miles on some of our bikes. 

You are right about it not being fun to keep doing things over & over!  Sounds like you should be set for awhile.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3396 on: April 07, 2016, 03:38:18 PM »

How much oil are you running in the primary?  Some of the guys with the Bandit are running low on the oil for the clutch but the compensator does not get enough oil for the long haul.  I've already had 5 compensators replaced, so I'm on the 6th one right now.  I run the AIM with the VP lock up and run one quart of Belray and so far it has lasted.  I had to replace the stator over the winter.  In 88,000 miles there isn't much I haven't replaced once or twice, it's a shame one has to replace enough parts that would build another bike just to put some miles on some of our bikes. 

You are right about it not being fun to keep doing things over & over!  Sounds like you should be set for awhile.
Yes, in light of Bandit's recommendation, I decided to run the low level that they insisted was great for their clutch and they claimed it would be fine for the comp and the stator.
A protracted discussion on another forum took place beforehand and an extension of that is going on now. Suffice it to say that I will be running *more* oil than Bandit recommends from now on. To be fair, the stator was old and tired and the insulation was no doubt somewhat compromised; I can't say the lack of cooling lube actually *caused* the stator immolation, but you can be assured that it didn't help prevent it!

Are you running the "New SE" comp? That's the one I used (in the 42200064A kit)
It *looks* like a much better design than its predecessor.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 03:59:32 PM by MrSurly »

2010FLHTCUSE5

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #3397 on: April 07, 2016, 05:56:50 PM »

I'm using the new compensator, the previous one that came out with the oiling glue on kit had a one year warranty so when mine failed they gave sent me the new model as a replacement.  The sales person told me to just send photos as they had a pile of failed compensators that were replaced as well.  I do plan on installing the GMR oiling tray the next time I open the primary, it cant hurt.  Since my primary cover was pretty well scratched by a dealer I received a great price on the new primary cover with the oil trays built into it which is standard on the newer models.   

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #3398 on: April 08, 2016, 04:54:12 PM »

I'm using the new compensator, the previous one that came out with the oiling glue on kit had a one year warranty so when mine failed they gave sent me the new model as a replacement. 

Wait, are you saying there's yet another 'new' one since the "new SE 42200064A"?

Part number?
Does it appear different than this?

2010FLHTCUSE5

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #3399 on: April 08, 2016, 05:38:03 PM »

I'm using the new compensator, the previous one that came out with the oiling glue on kit had a one year warranty so when mine failed they gave sent me the new model as a replacement.  The sales person told me to just send photos as they had a pile of failed compensators that were replaced as well.  I do plan on installing the GMR oiling tray the next time I open the primary, it cant hurt.  Since my primary cover was pretty well scratched by a dealer I received a great price on the new primary cover with the oil trays built into it which is standard on the newer models.   
How is paying anything for a part that the dealership messed up a "great price"? Unless you got it somewhere else or if they took full retail price of the original part off of the upgraded part price.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #3400 on: April 08, 2016, 05:47:21 PM »

Added two custom 117 covers  :2vrolijk_21:

ELB62

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #3401 on: April 09, 2016, 02:02:09 PM »

King Tour PAK and Paul Yaffe Stealth 3 CVO/ Universal License Frame.
16 FLHXSE CVO Carbon Crystal & Phantom Flames

ELB62

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #3402 on: April 09, 2016, 02:03:51 PM »

King Tour PAK
16 FLHXSE CVO Carbon Crystal & Phantom Flames

Rumblerider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #3403 on: April 09, 2016, 10:20:20 PM »

I'd like some pics, I'm trying to decide which brand/style I'd like to use.
Thanks Supershooter

I attempting to attach a pic.  This one's from my riding position.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:05:52 PM by Rumblerider »
V&H Power Duals with Monster Ovals, SERT, GMR Performance Dyno Tune, Custom Dynamics Brake Light & Rear Turn Signals,  Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz for Front Signals, H-D DayMaker Head Lights and Aux Lights, and of course the Custom Billet Works "Screamin Eagle" on the Tour Pack!

Rumblerider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #3404 on: April 09, 2016, 11:11:44 PM »

I attempting to attach a pic.  This one's from my riding position.

This one's of the left side.

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 474

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.