Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Dyna® Fat Bob

SE cylinder heads

(1/1)

harris48cars:
On the 110 engine, are the heads anything special? I'm being told they are the same as 96 engine heads. Also I am experiencing a very, very light roughness in the engine til it hits 2200 rpms were it begins to run smooth as silk. This is really minor but it is there. Anyone else. I think B Beer replied on another forum that he did also have this roughness as I refer to it.
   Gary

grc:

--- Quote from: harris48cars on September 21, 2008, 11:11:11 PM ---On the 110 engine, are the heads anything special? I'm being told they are the same as 96 engine heads. Also I am experiencing a very, very light roughness in the engine til it hits 2200 rpms were it begins to run smooth as silk. This is really minor but it is there. Anyone else. I think B Beer replied on another forum that he did also have this roughness as I refer to it.
   Gary

--- End quote ---

Gary, the CVO110 heads and the TC96 heads are completely different animals.  Many differences, the most obvious being hemispherical combustion chamber versus bathtub, compression releases on the 110, higher valve lift springs, etc.  As to whether this makes them "special" or not is debateable. 

Roughness at low engine speeds is common, but a good tune can make it better. 

Jerry

harris48cars:
I asked this question on 3 other forums and you are the first to respond. Thanks.
  Gary
  Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version