Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weekend Riding, 4/30-5/2  (Read 2939 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Weekend Riding, 4/30-5/2
« on: May 02, 2004, 07:55:55 PM »

Day 1:

Rode the Deuce to work on Friday.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 11:09:31 AM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

Re: Weekend Riding,
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 08:19:55 PM »

Day 2:

Left at around 9:30 to meet a friend in Farmington, CT me on the Deuce, Dean on the zuk but at least Kerry has a 93 Fatboy.  We get there and they are not there but the next thing you know they come driving in there truck after passing us on the road.  We load up and head back to Yankee HD first for Diane to get some new glasses.  From there we head out on RT 72 with plans to stay on that until middletown...instead, around Berlin, Deans zuk $hits the bed.  Dies in the road...pulls over can't get it to start.  he pushes it off an exit and parks it...Kerry lets him ride BiT$% back to his house to get his pickup.  They come back, Dean takes his truck away.  Kerry and I take rt 372 to 3 to Middletown where we catch rt 17 south...this raod was in tough shape but got better.  From there we hit rt 79, another nice road to rt 1 along the shore.  Headed east on rt 1 to Westbrook hoping to eaxt on the deck at Frankies but they were not open for the season yet so we did the Westbrook Lobster house.  Fried scallops were pretty good but the water and beer were even better since we were parched.   [smiley=drink.gif]

We left the restaurant and headed east on 1 into old saybrook down rt 154 then back to 95 to cross the CT river.  Took the first exit onto Rt 156, another nice twisty at times, and rode that into niantic.  Since it had been all of 30 minutes since our last beer we stop at sunset ribs, just on the east side of the niantic bridge.   [smiley=drink.gif]

From there we headed up the niantic river rd to rout 1 west.  After a mile or so on Rt 1 we to a right onto route 161 north.  This is were the roads really started getting nice.  at the end of 161 we took 85 north to rt 82.  Took a left onto rt 82 and a couple of miles down, you hit the end of route 11 but just after that you turn left and there is an Ice Cream Stand, Salem Valley Farms.  Well, we need to fill in the cracks left by the scallops so we ate.  See any Patterns?   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

We left there continuing on Rt 82 west right to Haddam and the Goodspeed opera house, crossed the bridge then took 154 north into middletown.  Took rt 66 west, passed the Red Dog Saloon (didn't stop) into Meriden.  There we caught the Chamberlain Hwy back to Deans house.  There we found out that he had a fuel petcock problem and would need to remove the tank to fix it.   [smiley=oops.gif]

I had to head back that night, it was around 7 so I grabbed my hat and jacket for the house (MA Helmet law sucks!) and superslabbed it down Rt 9 to 95.  Took 95 into Providence then caught rt 44east and home at around 9:30.

Was asleep by 10 and was planning on sleeping in since the wife was away...

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

Re: Weekend Riding,
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 08:36:42 PM »

Day 3:

The best laid plans however....I was woken at 7:15 by our friend Julie asking if we wanted to go on a Poker Run...I tried to say something like my A$$ was numbe from the 450 miles the previous 2 days...she would not here it.  An hour later, I was at their house with a couple of other bikes.  We headed down to Dartmouth through some nice backroads in Freetown but the was much more sand than in CT.  We stop at an Auto shop on Rt 6 to get a ticket then head up to Dartmouth Builders Supply to get our sheets.

The first leg took us up to the VFW in Freetown or assonet, got a little wet here but not bad.  From there it was on to Plymouth Ma...I'm too tire to type all the roads but there were some nice ones like rt 58 and federal furnace road through Miles Standish State forest.  From Plymouth we backtracked a little then headed south towards New Bedford for the next stop.  From New Bedford it was back to DBS for a Pig Roast.  The ride itself was probably 70 miles and it took a nece route...if I can scan in the directions I will.

We left the Pig Roast...no beer and headed up the back roads to the Hen House on rt 105, I think it is in Acushnet.  They were having their Bikers Open House today so we finally got our Beer. [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

The skyies were gonna open any minute so we headed out...and just as we left the rain started.  Rt 105 is a nice twisty road but in the rain you have to be a little careful.  We took Rt. 105 north to 79 and back home.

Let the bike cool for a half hour, gave it a quick wash and checked my mileage for the weekend, 590 miles....but I have to say, with the lowered Deuce and a thin solo saddle my Butt is still NUMB!

I would not have changed a thing!

Later...

/Bill

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

Re: Weekend Riding, 4/30-5/2
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 11:51:45 AM »

This was Saturday's CT Ride.

6.    Yankee HD
10.  Dean Breaks down
19.  Westbrook Lobster
26.  Sunset Ribs
29.  Salem Valley Farms
31. Goodspeed Opera House
35.  Red Dog Saloon

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.