Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: Answers to Problems with the Navigation Interface Module Part # 76000024  (Read 57464 times)

Randy C

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 SERG Silver and Titanium Dust

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw

I haven't been on here for awhile so if I'm repeating a post I apologize.MOCO had a new NIM produced to replace the current one that is causing false triggering.The part number is the same as the old one with 11A at the end.One of the Harley Forum members recieved one and said it fixed all the problems except for the low xm volume on the 665 zumo roadtech gps.After months of runarounds I called the roadtech rep at Garmin and was told they never heard of a volume problem.I'm not sure but I think someone was lieing to me,more runaround !!!!
Growing old isn't for sissys and growing up  isn't an option!

Randy C

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw

New NIM on backorder till July 11th and according to my dealer it is a good part number.

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member

83537 - 11A  here is the part number I am found on another forum.....This part number is not on line for the Harley dealers yet I guess they have to call Harley direct because the data base has not been updated
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member

Wondering if the 2011.5 SEUC has this newer NIM? I didn't try to hook up a cellphone...heck I had to break out the owners manual to figure out why the GPS directions went silent depending on the speaker switch.  :duhk: :duhk: :vrolijk_9: Worked pretty well after that. Awesome info here Gents and thanks!
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member

from what I tested on a late 2011 cvo ultra 1 week old just the other day it had all the same problems as my 76000024 part number. I dont know what the issue is but lowering the media volume and all this is not a fix as we all know.... this new part 11a will be an interesting test we shall see ...good luck
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

Randy C

• Full CVO Member

I just recieved my new NIM and going to install it this weekend.I'm glad to hear it fixed all the problems,I can't wait to try it.I also got a Boostaroo and hooked it up .It was like night and day,I can't even turn the volume all the way up for fear of blowing out a speaker ,plenty of xm volume now.I asked Garmin about the problem and the Boostaroo and I was told they know there is a problem but to wait till they could find a fix.After 7 months of wrong wiring directions and bad nims and reps telling me they didn't know of any problems I think I can finally see the end,hopefully!!

DrSpencer

• Full CVO Member

I also got a Boostaroo and hooked it up .It was like night and day,I can't even turn the volume all the way up for fear of blowing out a speaker ,plenty of xm volume now.

I thought the Boost-a-Roo was a headphone amplifying device?

Are you using it through the fairing speakers? If so, please describe how you are doing so.

Thanks

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member

you are correct its for the nav 8mm plug that plugs in the Nav unit that will be inside the fairing so anything that comes out of the zumo will be 4 time louder now that  will help the media volume that goes into the radio....the zumo 665 has xm in the Nav the zumo 660 doesnt so basically all zumos I believe had some kind of volume issues when interacting with the radio....I will be getting the amp and installing it in the next day or so.....I am also waiting for the new 11a nim modulator   
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

DrSpencer

• Full CVO Member

you are correct its for the nav 8mm plug that plugs in the Nav unit that will be inside the fairing so anything that comes out of the zumo will be 4 time louder now that  will help the media volume that goes into the radio....the zumo 665 has xm in the Nav the zumo 660 doesnt so basically all zumos I believe had some kind of volume issues when interacting with the radio....I will be getting the amp and installing it in the next day or so.....I am also waiting for the new 11a nim modulator   

I have a Zumo 660, which does not have the built in XM radio.

However, I have the HD XM radio module and the HD Navigation Interface module under the fairing (the NIM will gives commands through the fairing speakers).

My XM reception is considerably lower than the other audio sources (CD, FM, etc.).

Is it possible for me to use the Boost-a-Roo with my set up to amplify the volume of the XM signal?

Thanks

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member

well I just installed the boostaru today and it cranks
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member

From what I have seen the 660 zumo is mp3 and Nav only no weather doppler either and no xm...If you have a cvo the xm will show on the display of your radio and that is a box in the faring like your car...The zumo 6 6 5 has xm I dont have the box in the faring I work over the AUX port
So the boosta roo will work for your mp3 and nav volume but not for your XM because your xm comes out the box to the radio...
whats nice about the 660 you dont have to have your Nav unit on the bike all the time to get your xm...I do.... 
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

Bustin-out

• CVO1: 2004 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide - Sold
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC Ultra - Blue

Based on the fact that you have to put batteries in the boostaroo, I guess you have installed it outside the fairing.
2011.5 CVO ULTRA BLUE
Fullsac X pipe
2.0 baffles
Woods 555 cams
TTS
Show Cut Diamond Heads
Bright Ass Light BALS3
Kuryakyn LED Headlight
Kuryakyn LED Passing Lights
HD Chrome Inner Primary
HD Chrome Starter
Badlands LED Turn Signals
HD Chrome Windshield Access Lights

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member

No battery  the kit comes with the a 12 volt plug which I cut off and wired in direct to the cigar lighter in the back ...this is the new kit I guess it used a battery on previous models...so its in the faring...
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

triglide jack

Re: Answers to Problems with the Navigation Interface Module Part # 76000024
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2011, 12:33:07 AM »

Wondering if bissjim ever worked out the problem to make the non-Harley zumo 660 work with the NIM?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Answers to Problems with the Navigation Interface Module Part # 76000024
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2011, 05:45:09 PM »

Wondering if bissjim ever worked out the problem to make the non-Harley zumo 660 work with the NIM?

I talked to Jim about this issue today.
It can be done but is very expensive.
His recommendation was to sell the 660 and buy a Road Tech 660.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 21 queries.