Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: What's it worth?  (Read 5183 times)

JCarr1

• CVO1: Now - FXSTSSE3
    • CVO2: Gone - FLSTFSE2
What's it worth?
« on: June 10, 2013, 07:18:42 PM »

I hate to do it, but am letting my '09 Springer go. Wife is ready for an Ultra, I am not. I am going to buy a SG and a detachable tour pack so that she has the large backrest when she joins me. Anyway, listed it at $23,500 and have zero interest. Is this unfairly priced? What should I expect to get out of it with only 3k miles and brand new Avon tires? Check out the add and let me know what ou think!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: What's it worth?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 07:54:45 PM »

The two guides I use indicate a current average retail price of $21,800 for a 2009 Springer.  That is what a dealer would charge, and most people expect to pay less when they buy from a private party.  Average trade in is around $17k. 

I'd suggest taking it by a couple dealerships and seeing what they would offer on a trade.  Let's assume they say $17k.  So now you have a floor and ceiling price, $17k to $22k.  I'd start out asking around $21k and be willing to negotiate down from there.  A fair price is often midway between trade value and retail value.  If you start out well above book value, you are likely to never receive an opportunity to negotiate since no one will even call.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JCarr1

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 08:17:39 PM »

Thanks Jerry, I used NADA, KBB and the few listed on eBay to come up with that price. I am going to lower the price enough to buy a SG. I believe I can list it on eBay for a relatively low cost, but have never done so. Has anyone had any luck over there?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 08:29:03 PM »

Thanks Jerry, I used NADA, KBB and the few listed on eBay to come up with that price. I am going to lower the price enough to buy a SG. I believe I can list it on eBay for a relatively low cost, but have never done so. Has anyone had any luck over there?

eBays fees to list a vehicle that sells for over $2k is $125.00.

TheDangleShow

• CVO2: '97 Saturn (220k)
    • CVO3: '85 Mustang (Silver)
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »

I've noticed that asking a high price for something drives potential buyers away more than anything. Set the price $500 more than what your bottom dollar is. If I'm in the market for a plain Jane 2008 StreetGlide and youre asking 23k for it Im probly not even gonna bother calling.
91 BP (SILVER)
Chrome license plate FRAME
Dip stick reads FULL (all 3 areas)

rockinred

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 09:32:14 AM »

Dream Machines of Texas is a pretty large used motorycle dealer and they have been moving those at 24K for the past few years. Check there site.... They say that in Australia these are a hot commodity and they can sell them all day to there fore that range.  But you are a private seller, so it is different.  I have not seen any go for under 21,000.  Most in that range on ebay are the fxstsse2.  The fxstsse1 is around 18,000 now.  The 09 is still holding up a little.... but the last kicker to this is that there are actually quite a few of those on the market now, which will bring down the resale value.  I guess it's that time for many others like you are experiencing yourself.  Original owners of those models are on to the next bike adventure so they are popping up a lot more recently.

TLC

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 09:39:08 PM »

I have friends here that paid that for them with almost 20,000 miles on the 09 off of e-bay.I have the same black-green one and its the most looked at liked bike wherever we go.Should be easy to get $23,000 for it.

JCarr1

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 09:49:19 PM »

I am SOOOO struggling with accepting the fact that I am letting it go. It wins shows and draws a crowd everywhere I ride it! The problem is, all my friends have moved on to touring bikes and I just cannot hang on these 250 mile rides with them. I am 6'2, 240#'s and fit the bike well, but there is no room to stretch out! Wish I could afford to just keep it and buy the SG!

TheDangleShow

• CVO2: '97 Saturn (220k)
    • CVO3: '85 Mustang (Silver)
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 01:08:09 AM »

Get some APES!! You'll love them!!
91 BP (SILVER)
Chrome license plate FRAME
Dip stick reads FULL (all 3 areas)

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »

Adding to the information Jerry has already given and as of this morning, the Tennessee Black Book puts the '09 FXSTSSE3 at average retail $26,060 with trade value of $22,700.
Ohio being a different market may effect the price but not that much.  Sure wish you could keep it....last year for the Springer and only 762 made in the Candy Cobalt/Blue Steel (based on your Avatar picture).  I wouldn't mind having it but I have my eye open for a 2010 Opal Blue FXDFSE... ::)

Good luck and if you can't keep her, hope you get top dollar and a good home for her.... :2vrolijk_21:

Jack

• Full CVO Member
  • thank you Denis Van Orman (DVO)

• CVO1: 07 FXSTSSE Amarillo Gold/Candy Tangerine (1/540) thanks Dude
    • CVO2: 98 Lincoln LSC Ivory Pearlescent (34K)
    • CVO3: 87 Porsche 944 Rose Quartz
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 03:18:06 PM »

:beatdeadhorse:
you can get into H-D site (used bikes) and see what the Dlr's are asking..............J
FXSTSSE
H-D Tribal Mirrors (92410-09)
H-D medium low detachable (round stock) sissy bar
2006 Bobtail fender rack & trans dip stk w/medallion
Jet Scream (air delivery)
10mm SE plug wires
NGK Iridium IX (DCPR9EIX) 2316
Mercury Marine QUICKSILVER 20-W50
MOTORKOTE (petroleum hydrocarbon) in all 3 areas
RED LINE HEAVY SHOCKPROOF
93 Octane
Lyndall "Z" Racing Brake Pads "Gold"
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 10:43:55 AM »

I hate to do it, but am letting my '09 Springer go. Wife is ready for an Ultra, I am not. I am going to buy a SG and a detachable tour pack so that she has the large backrest when she joins me. Anyway, listed it at $23,500 and have zero interest. Is this unfairly priced? What should I expect to get out of it with only 3k miles and brand new Avon tires? Check out the add and let me know what ou think!
Would be very interested myself!
I have been looking for a low mileage 2009 Springer in Blue for a while now,
Please send me a few more shots of the bike and ill look into the shipping costs to Dubai,
If you could also check shipping costs from your end I would appreciate it,
Hopefully we can come to a deal!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

ultrarider123

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 10:58:08 AM »

Charlie, hope you can wrangle this one for yourself.  I've been pondering on it, too but really want to find an Opal blue FXDFXE.  This Springer is really a great looker and very good deal....good luck, brother.

Howard

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 11:04:39 AM »

Charlie, hope you can wrangle this one for yourself.  I've been pondering on it, too but really want to find an Opal blue FXDFXE.  This Springer is really a great looker and very good deal....good luck, brother.

Howard
Keep everything crossed for me, its needed in the stable!!!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

JCarr1

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 11:31:17 AM »

Charlie - I have never shipped a bike - certainly not out of the country. Message me if you'd like to discuss this as I've poked around on the internet and have found nothing. Talk to you soon  :2vrolijk_21: - Jared
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.