CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Hard starting 110

<< < (2/5) > >>

kojak:
Does the motor seem to struggle to spin when starting hot?

longlast:

--- Quote from: mslcpa on April 20, 2021, 10:08:10 AM ---About 73K miles. Plugs replaced per maintenance schedule. Taking into dealer to change fuel filter and will have checked out at that time.

Thx!

--- End quote ---

You didn't say  if this issue began not long after your maintenance of changing the plugs It could very well be the plugs.
I've had new plugs that fail when they've gotten hot before.  I'd try changing the plugs again before letting the Stealership go on an expensive witchhunt.

You said it's fine on starting up when cold and warm but not when hot. Fuel filter wouldn't distinguish it between it being hot or cold the plugs would.
It's the same as a plug will work fine on normal running but will fail on high acceleration (miss fire motor hesitation etc.)

They may not be your issue but on a two banger motor it only takes one to give grief.  For what they're worth my money's on the plug if this started not long after changing them.

Glynn:
Mine did similar, thought it might be battery as it was 13 years old. It was the compensater in the end of the crank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finster101:
I've had a similar issue with the compensator.

FELIX:
I had the exact same thing on my 110.  It turned out one time to be the compensator, needed to be beefed up to the screaming eagle one.  Harley should have just put these in on any 110.  I also had a compression release that stopped working, fairly easy to test and diagnose.   When you stop after a long ride and try to start it does it sound like crap, lots of noise coming from the primary (embarrassing) as it struggles to kick over?  (Yes=Compensator)
Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version