Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to Remove Complete transmission case from FXR4 with motor in bike  (Read 1593 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO

I was changing seals on my FXR4 inner Primary and Transmission seals. I got that Finnished no problems
But when installing inner Primary, I didn't know the ground strap was in between the transmission case and inner Primary.  When I was tightening bolts, I heard that sickening crack that someone broke. I'm in the process of removing the transmission.
   Bike is on lift. I have bike scissor jack under the motor. So I need another type of jack to remove the weight of the transmission before removing the swingarm pivot bolt and bolts from motor to transmission? The transmission comes out the left side? I'm sending transmission case to get tig welded then machined.  I never removed a complete transmission from a bike with the motor in place.
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
One of the 3 bolts that holds transmission to Primary case also has the ground strap

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 24 queries.