Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Small day ride.  (Read 2138 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Small day ride.
« on: September 26, 2022, 03:32:24 PM »

Yesterday James and I took the HDs out for a daylong ride. Mine had been sitting at his place since June when I left Los Angeles to move north.  And ever since I got the GoldWing the CVO Ultra hasn’t gotten much use. So Saturday we washed them, cleaned them and did a safety check. Yesterday we went for a well deserved ride.

Our choices were 1. Ride to the Tahoe/Reno area for the last day of Street Vibrations. 2. Ride to Stockton to check out the Sonny Barger funeral (yeah, Like I would EVER do that) 3. Ride the Sierras and have lunch. Of course we chose 3. It started out cool,  then quickly warmed up. We took backroads to Hwy 49. Highway 49 is famous for winding its way through the Sierra foothills. It’s home to many of the old mining communities that sprung up in 1849. We stopped for lunch in Downieville, CA. It’s a quaint mining town that always gets voted into the top 5 nicest towns to visit.  One of the reasons I moved here when I “retired” was all the nice places to ride that were quickly accessible. Los Angeles has great weather, but it takes an hour just to get out of the city to ride. We circled back on more backroads and finished the day with a nice dinner in Grass Valley, CA.

As much as I rave about my new GoldWing and all it’s power, smoothness and amenities, I still love my 2006 CVO Ultra. I found it to be more top heavy than I remembered. It’s very comfortable with room to stretch out and move around. The SE 103 engine gives me all the power I need. If I want more performance, I’ll take the GoldWing. The CVO has over 100,000 miles on it, and I’m not looking to replace it. Jim Schloffel at Metal Dragon rebuilt it for me a few years ago so I ride worry free.

As much as I enjoy the bike, it’s the LAST Harley-Davidson for me. I just can’t see myself buying another.

Can someone please flip the picture for me?  Thanks
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 12:34:39 AM by GregKhougaz »
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Small day ride.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 07:57:00 AM »

Flipped. Be grateful I did not substitute the photo for this one.

Thanks Greg,

Technical things like this baffle me. The photo is upright in my file,  but somehow posts upside down. Did you sell your CVO RoadGlide Ultra, or trade it in at Long Beach BMW for the Grand America? I know someone up here who is looking to buy.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.