CVO Technical > Twin Cam

2012 FLHXSE3: JUST DIES: NEED ADVISE

(1/2) > >>

CowboyBagger:
This has never happened, before a couple of months ago.  Riding down the road running great, the bike will just die.  It doesn't sputter or cough, it just dies.  The electrical power doesn't go out, all the bells and whistles are still functioning. I pull over, wait a minute or two, and restarts just fine.  If I try to restart immediately, it won't.  Sometimes I can go a month without this happening and sometimes the next day.  Yesterday, it happened twice.

I've never changed the in tank fuel filter in a little over 30k miles, so that's the first thing I'll try.

If it's not the fuel filter, then it has to be something shutting off the fuel supply.

I don't think it's the fuel pump, do to the fact that it restarts by only waiting a minute.

I put on a Thundermax Tuner, but hell, that was about a year and a half ago.  So, that's a maybe, but I doubt it.

Any other thoughts or ideas that I'm missing?

Cowboy

TN:
Any codes come up? Sounds like something other than fuel related from your description of problem.

WTF Chuck:
Check and clean the plug on the throttle body.

Twolanerider:
Fuel filter would likely cause some sputtering as it starved for fuel.  While could be many things any time I experience a sudden shut off that after a bit of cool down restarts and all too often doesn't throw a code I go first to the crank position sensor. 

havenolife:
i would plug in your old ecm thunder max says carry it all times

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version