CVO Social > Other Topics

Thanx a bunch David (Wekobi)!

(1/2) > >>

JCZ:
A couple of weeks ago I got a flat tire on the rear of my bike.  I was not close to any city or town......out in the desert of Southern Arizona on a small two lane road. 

I had the Airmoto (for those that don't know.....you want one!) but the air was coming out faster than it was going in.  I waited several hours for the flatbed and every time I'd call they'd tell me "it'll just be a couple of hours" (they'd already told me that several times and six hours late I was still out there.

A few desert rats stopped by to ask if I needed any help.  One couple stopped for the second time and asked "are you sure you don't need any help.....you were here four hours ago when we drove by".

I was very surprised to see a Road Glide coming down the road.  Turned out to be a new CVO Road Glide and he was on vacation from North Carolina.  I told him about this forum and the annual Maggie Valley Get Together.  He finally made it back to NC and got signed up on this forum, "Wekobi".

Thanks a bunch Wekobi (David).....I really appreciate you stopping and offering to help.  Did you make it all the way up to Cochise Stronghold?  My wife and I drove up last weekend to discover the last few miles is a dirt road.  Some interesting history back in there.....the Apache Indians and Cochise (he's buried back in there but his grave is not marked).  Anyway, just wanted to say thanks, again!

JCZ:
One more shot of Wekobi's Road Glide.....

FLSTFI Dave:
Tow companies suck.  More than once I have been told an hour two at max.  Six plus hours before they get there for the bike.

Welcome to the forum Wekobi.

Finster101:
I always carry a plug kit and my small battery powered compressor on trips.  While I don't consider a plug a permanent repair it bears sitting on the side of the road for hours.

JCZ:

--- Quote from: Finster101 on June 03, 2024, 12:38:12 PM ---I always carry a plug kit and my small battery powered compressor on trips.  While I don't consider a plug a permanent repair it bears sitting on the side of the road for hours.

--- End quote ---

Yep I have a plug kit in the bike now!  Hind site is 20/20.   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version