Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tan Corbin on 03 serk  (Read 797 times)

BADBUD

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Lucy, 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: Lilly, 1962 Triumph Bonneville
    • Screw with me and you screw with the WHOLE trailer park
Tan Corbin on 03 serk
« on: May 27, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »

Has anyone on board put the tan Corbin on the 03 SERK? If so, how does it look with the gold pain?
Thank You --------Bud
I hate drunks when I'm sober----------
and sobers when I'm drunk.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Tan Corbin on 03 serk
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 10:09:31 AM »

Have not seen it, but it sure seems as if it would look great.  Had one on the 95th anniversary Road King, which had the champaigne pearl at the bottom of the gas tank.  Really made that more obvious.  The rest of the entire bike was midnight rose, so the tan seat brought out more of that light color.   :cherry:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 02:10:31 PM »

Bud, one of those things you never know for sure until you actually see it.  My first thought, however, is that it'd be "too much."  Too much gold and not enough contrast.  Maybe not.  Might be one of those things that when actually seen makes your eyes pop out.  It certainly looks great against the red bike with the wide gold accent stripe.  And I can easily see it in my head on that 95th Anniv paint scheme.  But against a gold SERK.... Hmmmmmmm........   :nixweiss: 

Just not sure.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 09:23:51 AM »

Saw a bunch of custom seats this weekend at a HD hosted bike show.  Seems that on guy is doing all the work on them, and I saw a huge pallette of colors.  Seems you could get any exotic cover in any color if you find the right guy to work with.  The guy that we say who did no less than 7 bikes in the show is a Roy Baird.  Number is 804-359-2471.  If you need someone to look at anything for you, be glad to help.  There is a member here from Richmond with your color of Road King, maybe between the two of us, we could see if he could get a colour to complement the darker burgandy color on your gold bike.  I saw a dark red that looked real good.  I saw a pure white, tan, black, and some mix and match.  Seems you can get anything you want if you are just willing to pay and wait. 

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.