Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anybody know of a good "oil temp gauge" dipstick style for a SERK3  (Read 792 times)

BartManSr

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Anybody know of a good "oil temp gauge" dipstick style for a SERK3
« on: September 19, 2007, 12:05:52 PM »

I've researched and been unable to find a good "Oil Temp. Gauge" dipstick style.
I've ordered a "non contact temp. gauge"; but I want another one to replace my "oil dipstick gauge" with.

Thanks

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Anybody know of a good "oil temp gauge" dipstick style for a SERK3
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:12:45 PM »

Let me know if you find one!  I put the level/temp thing in.  I just wanted it for oil temperature, I can check the level the old way. I takes too long to check temp at a light because it has to go e r r o r  in level before it shows temp.

So far it hasn't leaked through like Chief's and I show oil @240 head temp 380 when in stop n go riding hard 2 up.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 07:49:42 AM »

Ditto on finding one.  I noticed last evening that the Chrome-Plated, Fully-Illuminated Genuine Accessory Dipstick the Moto-company sells . . . has died.  It lasted about six months and now has moisture in the display.  Actually that's the only thing in the display. >:(
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 08:10:16 AM »

Ditto on finding one.  I noticed last evening that the Chrome-Plated, Fully-Illuminated Genuine Accessory Dipstick the Moto-company sells . . . has died.  It lasted about six months and now has moisture in the display.  Actually that's the only thing in the display. >:(

It sounds like you have an option, you can either have condensation in the display or oil.

:indian_chief:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 08:16:05 AM »

The oil is funnier :D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:47:18 AM »

The oil is funnier :D

It still works with the oil in it. Not with water in it though! The oil-filled is extra. It was designed to keep the moisture out, and dampen the vibration! ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.