Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windvest 14" arrived and installed in minutes...  (Read 2124 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Windvest 14" arrived and installed in minutes...
« on: June 14, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »

In surprising fashion, the manufacturer Windvest has shipped my "out of stock" 14" smoke tinted windshield.

The reason for the "surprising fashion" ? I was told "next week due to back orders and stock limitations". It seems a good product has found it's way to marketplace, and to my front door.

I have been reading (for just a few days now) how high end the Windvest products are. I have been beating myself up on the Los Angeles Freeways for over a 2 year period; every cross wind, every head wind, every time I am near a big rig truck and even behind slower cars I get the feeling I am being punched in the chest and gut. When I arrive at my destination, I am tired, beat up and I feel like I am back in San Quentin's gladiator school. Problem is, I don't get to fight back....until now...

The Windvest 14" is shipped in a soft bag, bubble wrapped, partially assembled and ready for install. Total install time: under 5 minutes. It took longer to decide and order than it took to install. That's nice.

Some minor adjustments and off the streets, onto the HWY 101 to Ventura, CA. No cross wind and no truck drafts today, but the beach run is usually fast paced and without my heavy jacket, no problems. The jacket is the only thing that saves me the beating from the wind. It's like 75 degrees now, soon 85 in the afternoon. What a relief.

High quality product, well built with quality control standards, easy install, good hardware (so far) and not bad looking either. I am not a windshield type, nor a fairing type usually. It's just not my style. Maybe in my older years I will want one; for now this is the answer for the freeways.

Easily detaches with allen wrench in seconds.

Nice stuff from WindVest for our SEFB's.

FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Re: Windvest 14" arrived and installed in minutes...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 04:11:23 PM »

WindVest #2
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 04:12:31 PM »

WindVest #3

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 05:08:09 PM »

Looks like it grew there... :2vrolijk_21:  Nice looking...just that little bit makes a huge difference in how much wind you get on your upper body.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 05:14:03 PM »

Looks like it grew there... :2vrolijk_21:  Nice looking...just that little bit makes a huge difference in how much wind you get on your upper body.
I've found the windshield On my SERK is only a problem at speeds of 80mph when my head takes a buffeting, the body is fine.  What are the Glides like with fairing.  Do you guys have large windshields or what.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 05:24:23 PM »

I've found the windshield On my SERK is only a problem at speeds of 80mph when my head takes a buffeting, the body is fine.  What are the Glides like with fairing.  Do you guys have large windshields or what.
I have never ridden a motorcycle without a windshield, so don't know what that is like.

I do have a road king - with a windshield.

The Electra Glide with the upper and lower fairing blocks almost all the buffeting you get, I have a too tall windshield for me, but I put up with it cause of the flames - not available in the lower one.  I am almost - not quite - but almost completely blocked from all the buffeting of the elements.  For me, it allows me to pile on the miles which helps to pile on the smiles.  I have ridden the Road Kind a couple of times since gettin Electra Glide and it feels so very much lighter, has a whole lot more visability of the road and I get a lot more buffeting and hate passing the big rigs.  Feels different?  :nixweiss:  You Bet!   Good or bad?  That all depends on the timing, the destination, the weather etc.  It's all Good! 
 :cherry:

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 05:29:07 PM »

I have never ridden a motorcycle without a windshield, so don't know what that is like.

I do have a road king - with a windshield.

The Electra Glide with the upper and lower fairing blocks almost all the buffeting you get, I have a too tall windshield for me, but I put up with it cause of the flames - not available in the lower one.  I am almost - not quite - but almost completely blocked from all the buffeting of the elements.  For me, it allows me to pile on the miles which helps to pile on the smiles.  I have ridden the Road Kind a couple of times since gettin Electra Glide and it feels so very much lighter, has a whole lot more visability of the road and I get a lot more buffeting and hate passing the big rigs.  Feels different?  :nixweiss:  You Bet!   Good or bad?  That all depends on the timing, the destination, the weather etc.  It's all Good! 
I had a king size windshield on my Heritage Springer, it was great in fine weather but when it rained (and it often does here) it was bloody awful, you couldn't see through it and ended up riding blind.  Are you in a dry part of the USA then.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 05:54:35 PM »

How far over the shield are your eyes, Smiler?  Ideally, one should be able to see over the top of the shield to a point about 50 feet out...puts the top of the shield at about nose level.  Looking through a windshield is really not a good idea if it can be avoided.

Candy...do your flames go all the way to the top of the shield?  I remember seeing the shield in MV and thought it was cool as chit, but don't remember the height.  You could always take it to a glass shop...one that makes mirrors and such...and have them trim it down for you a bit.  Wouldn't cost much, and just a few minutes to pull the shield out.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 12:58:27 PM »

How far over the shield are your eyes, Smiler?  Ideally, one should be able to see over the top of the shield to a point about 50 feet out...puts the top of the shield at about nose level.  Looking through a windshield is really not a good idea if it can be avoided.

Candy...do your flames go all the way to the top of the shield?  I remember seeing the shield in MV and thought it was cool as chit, but don't remember the height.  You could always take it to a glass shop...one that makes mirrors and such...and have them trim it down for you a bit.  Wouldn't cost much, and just a few minutes to pull the shield out.
Smiler, TCnBham, you are both right. My windshield is too tall.  I can see over it if I have to, have to almost sit on top of the gas tank - would hate to do it for miles and miles. I have this Friday off work, might actually check into it.  I have put up with it for 30,000 miles - not all of them sunny and dry, and for 2 years, so you know it is not impossible.  When raining, I do find myself trying alternatives to seeing around the windshield.  When dark and raining - I try to keep that glow of the rear lights of the one I love in sight, but your right, and thanks for reminding me that it is actually one of those little nagging things I should address before taking off across the country in a couple of weeks. 

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 05:29:39 PM »

I'm 5'9" and my windshield comes up to about my shoulders.  I ought to measure it really and look at a larger size.... if I can get the paint I'll probably go withh the fairing., or should I stick to the windshield.

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.