Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: winter mods  (Read 6825 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Re: winter mods
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2008, 02:56:08 PM »

Lol, I think she was named Mercedes. Thanks for the nice comments on the seat guys. The mercedes leather is Leperas middle grade of leather. It is supposed to be a bit grainier than the stock and a bit more water resistant. A bit more cash yes, But I live near Seattle where it rains a lot so I thought I would get it and see. THe grain almost perfectly matches the grain on the strip of leather that runs down the tank so it works...

I would have to agree so far that Lepera is great stuff. It fit great, I still have to trim some of the protective coating off the fender where it is now exposed and getting the bolt up from the bottom to fasten it was noooooo fun, but I believe I am going to love the seat. Bike is at the dealership and will be getting tuned with the sert so I should have some numbers by the end of the week.

I remember hearing 3M was the manufacturer of that protective sticky clear tape. I hate when it sticks out from under the seat, and really hate it when the tape should be there, and isn't. There are a couple of spots under the SE FatBoy where the tape has turned up away from the paint and I should replace it. Thanks for reminding me.

Mike K.
kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2008, 10:13:50 PM »

I would have to agree so far that Lepera is great stuff. It fit great, I still have to trim some of the protective coating off the fender where it is now exposed and getting the bolt up from the bottom to fasten it was noooooo fun, but I believe I am going to love the seat.

sorry to hear that you should have asked for some advise, I remember someone told me they used a piece of wire, but I used a thick piece of string and fished it up and locked it down in about two minutes
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

FlatoutKrazy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2008, 11:07:30 PM »

That would have been smart---- cant have that!!!!!
2010 CVO Conv.
V+H True Duals + SERT
SE Pro Heavy Breather Intake
Detachable mid low Sissy bar
Lepera Maverick seat W/ orange flame stitching
 HD Flush Mount L.E.D. Fuel Guage and Cap
AUX. Lighting kit
Kuryakyn Ergo Bar W/ Driving lights
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 24 queries.