Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few Questions  (Read 1357 times)

UltraCVO

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • Psychological treatments over the phone
A few Questions
« on: February 04, 2006, 09:59:11 AM »

Hi Guys

All questions relate to 05 SE.

1. Can you fit the detatchable Solo rack to the bike, with the chrome tail piece in place?

2. Can you fit a two up sports rack to the bike, without a Sissy bar?

3. Has anyone fit the lighted rear turn signal mount kit #68426-04A? Are they relocatable?

4.Has anyone managed to fit Heritage style bags to their SE? If so, then did they foul the rear axle mounts? What exhaust do you have?

5. Has anyone got a pic they can post of the front engine bars on their SE?

6. Is it possable to fit the lowering kit to the low profile shocks? My stealer says NO!

Thanks for any help received. Sean [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 01:00:21 PM by UltraCVO »
06 Honda Fireblade
06 SLK 55
07 FLHRSE3

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: A few Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 10:23:30 PM »

[highlight]6. Is it possable to fit the lowering kit to the low profile shocks? My stealer says NO[/highlight]!

Sean,

First why do you want to go lower? do you only ride on strait roads?

The answer is yes! you can fit the lowering kit to the 2005 FLSTFSE as I have done it.(I assume the 2006 is no different) But I did do it to raise the rear 3/4 inch as I was scraping my pipes on one side & my kick stand on the other. I also had to fit 2 inch over fork tubes (stock softail tubes) to combat this problem & now in the last 1000 miles I have never scraped anything.I also changed the floor boards to forward controls as I could not corner at all with those on.(I done this before raising the suspension)

cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 10:27:19 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 10:50:31 PM »

Otherside (raised suspension)
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 12:00:50 AM »

[highlight]6. Is it possable to fit the lowering kit to the low profile shocks? My stealer says NO[/highlight]!

Sean,

The answer is yes! you can fit the lowering kit to the 2005 FLSTFSE as I have done it.(I assume the 2006 is no different) But I did do it to raise the rear 3/4 inch as I was scraping my pipes on one side & my kick stand on the other. I also had to fit 2 inch over fork tubes (stock softail tubes) to combat this problem & now in the last 1000 miles I have never scraped anything.I also changed the floor boards to forward controls as I could not corner at all with those on.(I done this before raising the suspension)

cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]

That setup would have a hardtail ride and with the seat already hard as it is I need my old comfy couch at the end of a long ride [smiley=smilie_staub.gif]

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 05:17:01 AM »

fatboyse2,
It dosent change how the shocks work it just lifted the a$$. (I could not handle any thing like a hardtail/rigid) Still rides the same.(but dosent scrape on the road) I still cant work out why you guys hate the seat you must have 1 of 2 things:
1. a boney a$$
2. a fat a$$
I rode 125 hard miles yesterday & my a$$ loved it. As my A$$ is neither boney or fat! I actually have 2 stock seats & find them both comfy

Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 05:21:15 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

UltraCVO

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 08:12:17 AM »

Sean,

cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]

Yea it is so that I can raise the rear end, I already fitted the forward controls in the spring last year. but still scraping the exhaust, although raising the preload by 3 improved the whole bike handling and reduced the scraping. I live in the UK amongst the twistiest roads, what is a straight road? Ha-ha

S ;Dean
06 Honda Fireblade
06 SLK 55
07 FLHRSE3

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 09:20:09 AM »

Yea it is so that I can raise the rear end, I already fitted the forward controls in the spring last year. but still scraping the exhaust, although raising the preload by 3 improved the whole bike handling and reduced the scraping. I live in the UK amongst the twistiest roads, what is a straight road? Ha-ha

S ;Dean

I've been having problems with the footboards scraping too while I turn through twisty roads at high speed.  I see Aussie has taken his footboards off and gone to forward controls and I've been thinking of doing the same, or if I keep scraping away at them they'll be gone soon anyway [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif].  Seriously, it's a real problem as the bike won't let you lean over as far as you need to, to make the turns you've already committed to in speed and angle.  This is quite a problem for me as I like to run the S-curve roads and throwing the bike into a turn is not an option, forcing me to drive subdued in the turns. :(

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 10:15:17 AM »

You guys that love to lay 'em over in the corners may wish to consider the adjustable on-the-fly air suspensions......that way you can have your cake and eat it too.  Lower for backing out of a parking space or to look cool and raise it up for ground clearance as the need arises with just the toggle of a switch.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

UltraCVO

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 10:46:35 AM »

I've been having problems with the footboards scraping too while I turn through twisty roads at high speed.  I see Aussie has taken his footboards off and gone to forward controls and I've been thinking of doing the same, or if I keep scraping away at them they'll be gone soon anyway [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif].  Seriously, it's a real problem as the bike won't let you lean over as far as you need to, to make the turns you've already committed to in speed and angle.  This is quite a problem for me as I like to run the S-curve roads and throwing the bike into a turn is not an option, forcing me to drive subdued in the turns. :(

Try upping the rear preload, you need a special tool for it! It is worth trying to start, then going to forward controls if needed.  ;)
06 Honda Fireblade
06 SLK 55
07 FLHRSE3

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.