Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 110 engine scattered / funny story  (Read 4802 times)

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
110 engine scattered / funny story
« on: August 14, 2013, 09:32:15 AM »

My buddy's 08' CVO Ultra started running bad  on his way back from Sturgis. He took it to a dealer in Iowa. He sit there for hours and finally they told him they had figured it out. A lifter let loose and put metal all thru his motor taking out the oil pump, rod bearings ect. Now for the funny part of the story; They told him this was a "isolated incident" for the 110! Heres where it gets even better; As he sit there waiting to figure out a course of action he started to talk to another guy he noticed had been there nearly as long as him. As it turns out, the other guy was there with a scattered 110 also! So much for the isolated incident. Wow.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: 110 engine scattered / funny story
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 09:41:40 AM »

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.  Just got my '12 back after lifter damage while on the road 500 miles from home.  Bad enough having to deal with it  at home - being on the road makes it all that more 'interesting.'

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 07:35:19 AM »

My buddy's 08' CVO Ultra started running bad  on his way back from Sturgis. He took it to a dealer in Iowa. He sit there for hours and finally they told him they had figured it out. A lifter let loose and put metal all thru his motor taking out the oil pump, rod bearings ect. Now for the funny part of the story; They told him this was a "isolated incident" for the 110! Heres where it gets even better; As he sit there waiting to figure out a course of action he started to talk to another guy he noticed had been there nearly as long as him. As it turns out, the other guy was there with a scattered 110 also! So much for the isolated incident. Wow.

Isolated Incident????? Some dealers just don't have a clue!!! With all of the problems people are having with lifters, I personally am not going to wait. Saphire is getting the COMPLETE motor treatment this fall. Oh yes I do have ESP but I don't want to get stuck on the road!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Skipper

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE-6
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 07:57:25 AM »

Yes, it's funny. I also had an "isolated incident". When my SEUC 2011 after 25k miles left me down in Italy because of lifter. Complete cam chest was damage. Still under repair. It will be good to open a poll and to see how many lifters already caused 110 engine problem. I believe the result will not be funny at all!

Skipper
"F..@* the Rushmore's, I'm gonna keep my Babe"

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 08:11:04 AM »

So the rest of the story is this; They offered him a decent amount to trade his '08 in. He is coming home with a '13 CVO Ultra. (hopefully with new improved lifters)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 08:39:36 AM »

Not "funny" as in ha-ha, but "funny" as in just more sad commentary about H-D's lack of reliability.  It's not really funny that dealers continue to be FOS either.  I never know for sure if these clowns are really that out-of-touch with reality, or they are just so used to telling big fat lies that they just can't help themselves. :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange (sold 2020)
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 09:09:48 AM »

From reading the forum, every part failure from HD is an isolated incident. From poor seat stitching to bad lifters it is all a one time failure.

I think most dealers and the MOCO do not care, they know there is not much for competition out there and they know we will all be back to over pay for the next big thing they come out with.

KenK

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 10:02:29 AM »

From reading the forum, every part failure from HD is an isolated incident. From poor seat stitching to bad lifters it is all a one time failure.

I think most dealers and the MOCO do not care, they know there is not much for competition out there and they know we will all be back to over pay for the next big thing they come out with.

They  "do not care" is an understatement.... As threw the years I have purchased many upper-end products- cars,trucks,equipment ,boats and other brand motorcycle and have been reasonably happy with the product and the dealership. This is not the case with this CVO ....the dealership acts like there doing me an honor for selling me a Harley -I have never experienced anything quite like it. There attitude is take it or leave it ..at your expense of course
I have just come to the conclusion; if you want to own a Harley -this stuff is just the price of admission to there club....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:09:37 AM by KenK »

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 01:04:58 PM »

... As it turns out, the other guy was there with a scattered 110 also! So much for the isolated incident. Wow.

Sometimes, they will "scatter" all by themselves, too!  :'(

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

jpgrfan

• UT

• CVO1: 2019 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road Glide Traded
    • CVO3: 2002 Road King Classic
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 10:16:30 AM »

On behalf of some honest dealers, my buddys wife has a 12' CVO convertible and the engine since day one has run weird. Prior to going to Sturgis we took it into the local shop where we both have work done (I have a 13 CVO RG atomic orange, he has a 13 CVO RG anniverary), they checked it out, called and said MOCO agreed to a new motor and within a week a brand new 110 was installed, no cost. We all rode to Stugis, engine ran great, and no weird noises anymore. So good things can happen at some dealerships.

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 07:50:30 PM »

I read the horrow stories here all the time and it really makes me really appreciate my local dealer even more.  Told local dealer about seeing the Indian bikes at Sturgis and they are really sweet but would not get one because the service means more to me to me.(no Indian dealer within 300 miles of me)  Love my SESG and even my wife's ugly orange one ;D

Skipper

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE-6
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »

On behalf of some honest dealers, my buddys wife has a 12' CVO convertible and the engine since day one has run weird. Prior to going to Sturgis we took it into the local shop where we both have work done (I have a 13 CVO RG atomic orange, he has a 13 CVO RG anniverary), they checked it out, called and said MOCO agreed to a new motor and within a week a brand new 110 was installed, no cost. We all rode to Stugis, engine ran great, and no weird noises anymore. So good things can happen at some dealerships.

First of all I'm glad that your buddy's wife got a new engine. Secondly, this have nothing to do with "honest dealer". Hi is just a messenger. The mighty MOCO have final word. And what about all of us 2011 CVO an earlier owners? Same engine, same problems, same issues, where is our new engine?, or maybe our dealers are less honest. When Warranty is out, Goodbye my friend! Luckily for us, CVOHARLEY is here and some devoted members who will help you build decent 110". Any how, I've learned my lesson, as you Americans says "You fool me once, shame on you, you fool me twice .....).
Sorry for the bitterness, I'm in love with damn thing, only corporate attitude I can't bear.
Skipper
"F..@* the Rushmore's, I'm gonna keep my Babe"

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange (sold 2020)
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 08:42:27 PM »

I agree Skipper!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 08:49:30 PM »

First of all I'm glad that your buddy's wife got a new engine. Secondly, this have nothing to do with "honest dealer". Hi is just a messenger. The mighty MOCO have final word. And what about all of us 2011 CVO an earlier owners? Same engine, same problems, same issues, where is our new engine?, or maybe our dealers are less honest. When Warranty is out, Goodbye my friend! Luckily for us, CVOHARLEY is here and some devoted members who will help you build decent 110". Any how, I've learned my lesson, as you Americans says "You fool me once, shame on you, you fool me twice .....).
Sorry for the bitterness, I'm in love with damn thing, only corporate attitude I can't bear.
Skipper

:2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

dirtdobber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 11:30:04 PM »

That is terrible and not funny to me at all.
I have 7 years of warranty on my 12 cvo SG.
If this doesn't work from me I will cash in the warranty and take the bike to my friend at Pro Twin performance products.
he is slow, due to him being so poplar.
But when he is done it will be fixed and run like a scolded dog.
2012 CVO street glide, 2010 Dyna wide glide SS 106
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.