Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pwr Cmdr Vs Race Tuner?  (Read 1103 times)

103RKyeehah

• Gimme Torque
Pwr Cmdr Vs Race Tuner?
« on: September 26, 2005, 10:41:47 AM »

OK, here are a couple questions that relate somewhat to my other post "Modified 103 needs help".  

Following my first dyno done a few weeks ago, I was told I have the old version of the PC3.  (The one where you have to turn the bike off and back on between adjustments)

First question: Other than convenience for tuning, does it make any sense to upgrade my PC to the newest model?

2nd question: Is it worth the money to replace the PC module with a Race Tuner?  
2003 SE Road King, TH, 257 cam, PC, 6-speed- bought on Ebay.
2003 Road King Classic-Gun Metal Blue-sold on Ebay
1998 Heritage Softail-Orange and Cream with dual fish tails- Sold on Ebay
1998 Fatboy (Stolen - RIP)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: Pwr Cmdr Vs Race Tuner?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 11:29:18 AM »

The best advice I hear over and over is only use a race tuner if you have someone in your area that is familar with it and has a good reputation tuning with a RT.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 08:16:11 PM »

If those are your only 2 choices stay with the power commander it has a lot more adjustment points than the race tuner!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 09:35:31 PM »

If those are your only 2 choices stay with the power commander it has a lot more adjustment points than the race tuner!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Sorry Dawg, you're incorrect.  The Powercommander only does fuel, spark and acceleration fuel (if it's a USB version)  Also, it does spark by tricking the ecm on the MAP read which in turn affects your fuel.

The Tuner does fuel (in more ways than one), spark (without affecting VE), accel fuel, decel fuel, Warmup fuel, cranking fuel, rev limit, monitors all data values, resets codes, estimates hp and tq.  Unfortunately people who don't understand VE and just start changing the SERT Air Fuel request usually trash talk it because they don't get the results they want when in reality they do not understand the product (not saying this is you - just pointing out thet the SERT is SUPERIOR when it comes to what it can do.

I see the mistakes all the time - people change pipes and think that when they type in 13.8 : 1 in the SERT Air Fuel request table that they get it.  They don't understand the principles behind the product.
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 09:43:46 PM »

Wow. This is like "Topic Of The Week" I think there is a post that asks this question every week. Seems like everyone has opinion or personal preference. My suggestion is go with the recommendation from your tuner, ultimately he/she will be the one tuning your bike and for whatever reason they prefer one product over the other probably means they are more comfortable tuning with said product. For that reason alone I would suggest going with there recommendation, unless you want to be there guinea pig and have them learn a new system at the expense of your bike.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
[smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.