Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harman Kardon radio Schematic  (Read 4754 times)

djspaarg

Harman Kardon radio Schematic
« on: April 28, 2008, 12:12:51 PM »

Does anyone have a schematic for the "Factory" installed radio? I've blown an amplifier and would like to change it out. instead of purchasing a new radio.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 09:59:54 AM by djspaarg »
Choose soft words today, tomorrow you may have to eat them.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Harman Kardon radio Schematic
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 12:44:25 AM »

That's going to be really tough to find.  I had issues with the "suspension" donuts of the CD changer when she had her SERG.  RadioSound (the factory repair company) essentially told me to get f&*k#d when I called to order the parts.  Wanted me to send it in and for soemthing like $150, they'd fix it.  No warranty, but they'd fix it.  They p/o'd me so bad, I spent about 2 weeks and a whole bunch of time searching the internet.  After discovering the changer was a JVC unit, I found a site that had pictures of the guts of a changer and viola- there were them damn donuts.  About $25 later, I had all 4 new ones sitting at my door.  Call RadioSound, they'll tweek you off enough, you'll not only find the schematic, you'll find the right sources for all the parts!! :bananarock:
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

djspaarg

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 07:09:33 AM »

Thanks for the info. Harley had no information on it. All they have is the wiring schematic for the bike. After taking it apart, the amplifier did not look like it was blown. Rang out the circut boards and found that the chip for the sound fader was gone. Fortunately, Harmon Kardon labels their chips, found schematic on line and am presently waiting for new one in the mail. I heard about the "place" that repairs them and also heard of a few horror stories. Didn't want to write my own chapter in their book. That's why I decided to repair it on my own. Thanks for the reply.

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 07:53:11 AM »

If you buy the SERVICE MANUAL SUPPLEMENT, Its in there. I have schematic in my manual for my FLHTCUSE3 book. Or are you looking for one just for the AMP itself

djspaarg

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:48:34 AM »

The manual supplement does not go that much into detail. Yes I wanted a schematic for the amp and the microchip, which I was able to get on line. Got to do something on the work computers for my benefit.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.