Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: LIVEWIRE  (Read 13842 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: LIVEWIRE
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 04:14:08 PM »

So you can plug it in at home and you only have to charge it for about ten hours for a full charge.  Or if you are out and about and the battery goes dead, you can get a whopping 13 miles worth of "fuel" in one hour with a level 1 or level 2 charger.  I'm thinking before I take that trip to a friend's house about 50 miles away, I better find out if there is a DC Fast Charge station where he lives.  If not, I may have to stay overnight.

No thanks.  This is just another sign that the management of H-D is clueless.  $30k base price, only suitable for short haul city use, I wonder how many Uber rides you could get in that same city for $30k and not have to worry about parking and theft?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 04:22:54 PM »

"The LiveWireâ„¢ can be charged at any compatible charging station, or with its on-board charger and a standard household outlet.
Level 1 (standard household outlet): 13 miles range per hour of charged.
Level 2: LiveWire can be connected to a Level 2 charge unit but will be charged at the Level 1 rate.
Level 3 (DC Fast Charge): 192 miles range per hour charged."
So, lets say maybe 7 hrs to charge at what watt, amperage, then cost per k/hour in your area.
Never dealt much with charging batteries, except tools. I have a neighbor with an all electric Smart car,and he plugs
his in every day after work and lets it charge overnight. I guess I'll him what it costs him, over his standard bill!
The "TAZMUN"

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 07:34:36 PM »

Hmmm.  No $150.00 syn3 oil changes-ever.    No gas ever, no coolant,  no clutch fluid to service.    The bike might eventually pay for itself.    Might even qualify for some tax rebates?   110 miles is plenty to commute from the suburbs to the city....
One good thing about electric vehicles. They require very little maintenance. Easier to ride, no transmission or clutch. They also last a long time with few repairs.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 07:49:25 PM »

Here's some good info on the Livewire

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

J.D.

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 07:57:35 PM »

I filled up today @ $1.95/gallon.  Took about 3 minutes and I'm good for 350 more miles.  Let's talk when gas hits $10.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2019, 08:23:36 PM »

One good thing about electric vehicles. They require very little maintenance. Easier to ride, no transmission or clutch. They also last a long time with few repairs.

I guess you could possibly be correct, but we have no real facts to back that up!
Still have shocks, tires, brakes, etc! Don't forget the battery pack!
The "TAZMUN"

harleychef2011

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 Road King - Tribal Orange & Galactic Black
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2019, 08:40:37 PM »

Starting at 29k? What options would there be to add to it? A seat covered in solar panels?

Well duh!  You KNOW they are going to offer an "add-on" battery to get an extra 50 miles out of the range for $1000!  And dont forget your monthly subscription fee to actually get the GPS and app to work!  Bawahahaaahaaaaaa!   :P ;D
2014 CVO Road King
V&H Power Duals
V&H Carbon Fiber Tip Pipes
HD Super Tuner & Dyno - 98.7 HP 112.9TQ
RoadTech 665 GPS
Mucho HD Add-Ons!!!

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2019, 08:53:55 PM »

So I watched the video posted above and it appears that if you own one of these magnificent 110 mile machines, you HAVE to add it to your mobile phone plan and pay a monthly subscription (after the first year) in order to use all the bike has to offer.  My question is this...is it like onstar where you can still use the vehicle without it or Is it like a cell phone and will NOT work without paying the monthly extortion, I mean subscription?

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2019, 08:55:47 PM »

In theory yes, but this is HD. They screw up the most basic of things. I certainly do not want to be was basically amounts to a "beta tester" for the motor company's attempt at this. Especially if that large battery between the riders legs catches fire lol

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2019, 12:38:04 AM »

I bet the cell data service is going to have quite the hefty charge with HD marking it up as high as they can go.

Why not make the bike use Bluetooth instead?  I am sure HD will push updates through there connected services but there are other ways to push those updates.

Also, what type of information are they going to collect?  Location, speed, etc.?  I am sure they will be pulling in a wealth of information and not necessarily information riders want to share.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2019, 07:49:48 AM »

So, lets say maybe 7 hrs to charge at what watt, amperage, then cost per k/hour in your area.
Never dealt much with charging batteries, except tools. I have a neighbor with an all electric Smart car,and he plugs
his in every day after work and lets it charge overnight. I guess I'll him what it costs him, over his standard bill!

Somebody who owns an electric car would know the cost to charge & it will vary by area & electric rates.  It's not "free" but some areas have auto charging stations available (Whole Foods, etc.) at no cost - for now.  When electric becomes a bigger % of the cars on the road, expect those to become pay stations.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2019, 12:46:13 PM »

Looks pretty close to the prototype, sans a few side covers missing.

Range fell short of the proposed range though. And the price is way off what every number I heard when the tour hit the streets.

The engineers were suggesting the final bike would have a minimum of 130 mile range.
IIRC the proto had about 80 miles on low power and 45-50 miles on high power (menu setting).

And everyone suggested ti had to be under $20K

At $18K or so I would have bought one at the demo. The bike was a blast to ride - even in Manhattan.

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2019, 06:19:31 PM »

For something that by definition is a fart-around-town bike I'd do the scooters that Chip has in a heartbeat before ever considering this.

For some reason it never occurred to me the Burgmans were just  Fart around Town bikes!
But they be fun farts.

:nervous: :nervous:SBB :nervous: :nervous:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

J.D.

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2019, 06:48:32 PM »

Burgman MSRP = $11k

I'd consider the Live Wire if pricing was comparable to a Sportster.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2019, 08:10:01 PM »

I filled up today @ $1.95/gallon.  Took about 3 minutes and I'm good for 350 more miles.  Let's talk when gas hits $10.

Good fuel mileage
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.