Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In Memory of 'Babe' Heffron  (Read 410 times)

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
In Memory of 'Babe' Heffron
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:52:57 AM »

Rest in peace my fellow veteran.

http://fxn.ws/1cUcvBY

Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
Re: In Memory of 'Babe' Heffron
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:45:30 AM »

I've read Ambrose's book several times, watched BoB more times than I can remember and read all of the books written by the individuals.  I feel almost as if I know those men personally.
Truly the "Greatest Generation" and each a hero in my book.

It is interesting to reflect that I was born less than 20 years after the war.  Heck, we lived in Japan when my Dad was stationed there - just 15 years after the war ended.  And now these heroes are passing on at a rate of nearly 600 per day according to the Department of Veterans Affairs.

I look forward to our trip to the National WWII museum in New Orleans this Spring.  Some of the Vets still volunteer at the museum and offer invaluable insight and their own personal stories.  The museum is a great way to preserve the history and salute the legacy these brave men and women gave us.

I thank God every day that we can enjoy the freedom that this generation fought to preserve for us.

Best Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
Re: In Memory of 'Babe' Heffron
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 06:51:24 PM »

I could not agree with you more on the greatest generation. Sad to see him and so many others pass on. I didn't see anything about his passing in the media, but I could have missed it. IMO the media still doesn't cover our Vets the way it should. 
I am sure you will enjoy your trip to the WWII museum, I went through it a couple of years ago and would go back again. I have given thought to donating something that I got from my Dad that is really specail, just not able to part with it yet.

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.