Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anybody near Painted Post, NY to look at a vehicle for me?  (Read 662 times)

ultrarider123

Anybody near Painted Post, NY to look at a vehicle for me?
« on: November 30, 2013, 12:58:10 PM »

Hey folks, I'm looking at a 2011 Colorado at the Fox auto group in Painted Post, NY. I've been talking to Len at the dealership and have some great pictures but nothing beats eyes on the ground. So, anyone near that part of New York State that isn't out of their way, I would really appreciate a drop by and check out.  :)

If you can swing by and need more info, PM me and thanks a bunch

ultrarider123

Re: Anybody near Painted Post, NY to look at a vehicle for me?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:43:08 AM »

Well, guess we ain't got nobody near there....changed my mind on this one anyway

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:33:04 AM »

This service may be able to help in your next search, I have never used them though.......If you don't have luck with a local member checking a vehicle for you.

http://www.roadreadycertified.com/public/inspections-for-buyers

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 10:35:46 AM »

Thanks for that....I've put it in my favorites listing.  Don't do much out of town/state shopping but when you find a good deal..... :2vrolijk_21:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 10:38:42 AM »

Don't forget the Carfax :bananarock:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 10:50:06 AM »

Big thread on Chevy Avalanche website I also belong to about Carfax and it seems that it only list damage and repairs that is reported to them. If someone has damage and repairs it themselves or at a small independent shop it may not get reported. One member bought a used Avalanche from out-of-state and it had a clear report. It now looks like it may have been a flood vehicle from hurricane Sandy or some similar disaster.

ultrarider123

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 10:50:54 AM »

Got the carfax report free last week...that works IF the previous owner actually reports accidents/damage/repairs.  If you pay cash and don't report things, it doesn't get in the database.  We've run into that a couple times this past year in purchasing used vehicles for fleet use.  Found out two of the 15 had major damage/repairs (one had the entire front end replaced...motor and all...) but Carfax was clean as a whistle.

Actually, this truck was a good deal.  Had the chance to speak to the dealer, previous owner and he had all his service records.  Still, I like putting eyes on something just to make sure.  Didn't want to drive the 750 miles to find out it wasn't as described.... ;D

What I should have done is post this request first off....didn't even think about our group until this past Friday.  We got folks all over the place...what better group to pull from to evaluate a vehicle than our people..... :2vrolijk_21:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 11:11:24 AM »

Yes I agree Carfax only shows what is reported it does not report the backyard fixer uppers. If you know what to look at and where you can find Waldo and sometimes they do such a crappy job it stands out. There might even be a youtube video showing how and where to look.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 11:14:59 AM »

I'm about 120 miles away from this Dealership but have been there before as its right in front of the local Harley store. They seem to be aggressive on price (priced to sell) and the vehicles I have seen and checked out there were always in pretty nice shape (i.e. no junk). The area is somewhat economically challenged so you might get a great deal, the one consideration for me would the effects of road salt here in the Northeast on the vehicle over time if you plan to keep it a while. When shopping late model used many locals tend to look south of the Mason Dixon to avoid the potential "environmental caused issues" the MFG will not warranty.

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 11:21:43 AM »

Great info and thanks for the heads up on the salt issue.  They've been using the brine mixture more and more down here so coming south may not be as good as it used to be for used vehicles.
I really liked that Colorado as it's hard to find the v8 version. It's still for sale and I'm still watching it. Glad to know its a good dealership.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.