Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The BOMM vs. Kennedy Technologies headset mic adapter  (Read 7690 times)

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
The BOMM vs. Kennedy Technologies headset mic adapter
« on: June 30, 2010, 01:59:18 PM »

I've owned the Zumo 660 & now a 665 and do a lot of riding and need cell phone capability while I ride my SEUC5. I've been using the BOMM (sold by bissjim on this forum) for at least a year. I've generally been satisfied with the BOMM but after reading some reviews on the Kennedy Tech mic cell set, I thought I'd purchase one and compare it to the latest version of the BOMM I recently obtained, because there's continual improvements that come out, especially in electronics, and I'm usually one to upgrade.

After some fairly rigorous testing of each unit, using a J&M headset, and a Blackberry synced to my zumo 665, I've concluded the BOMM has superior performance for persons being able to understand me as I speak when riding from low speed up to 70 mph. On my bike, the Kennedy unit seems to cut out more frequently and I have to repeat more of the conversation, whereas the BOMM cuts out rarely. Although voice quality for the BOMM and the Kennedy unit is not as good as a bluetooth device (when wind is not at issue), people can understand without difficulty all that I say using the BOMM.

I appreciate product reviews from all of you and your reviews have caused me to purchase or not purchase many add-ons for my bikes so I'm taking a moment to pass on my experience with these two products.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: The BOMM vs. Kennedy Technologies headset mic adapter
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 04:01:07 PM »

:confused5: :confused5:

On my Zumom 550 then voice while riding through the Kennedy is excellent.  Most people don't even know I'm on my bike at any speed.

:coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
Re: The BOMM vs. Kennedy Technologies headset mic adapter
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 06:43:47 PM »

I've had the Kenady for 3 bikes now and after the first 6 months was about ready to toss it, THEN was told by Jon @ Kenady move the mic away from my mouth and quit yellin! and it's worked perfect ever since.  I have a version that only has 2 wires goin into the harness so I can hear audio out of the dash speakers or the head set, but I have to use the AUX and the Zumo for the source.  There's a version a bud has with about 14 wires to the harness and his works with FM CD etc BUT only thru helmet speakers.  Yet my other buds that got the BOMM paid a heck of a lot less then I did, and theirs seem to work just fine.  As they say "It's all goood"
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 24 queries.