Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Mt View Ar area  (Read 4151 times)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Re: Mt View Ar area
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 08:47:17 AM »

That looked like a great ride...
Bill

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 12:13:42 PM »

Does look like a good ride. Like that dinner, too!  :2vrolijk_21:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 01:22:52 PM »

Got up Sat morning and started wondering. I had heard of a road call Push Mt Road (AR 341) running from just west of Fifty-Six Ar, north to Norfolk Ar. Turned out to be a very nice ride.

341 is a best-kept secret in these parts.  It's not the best long curvy road, but it's a lot of fun.  You were close to us when you came thru on 62, assuming you went thru Yellville and Flippin.
Good decision on not staying overnight in Flippin.  Not many places to eat an even fewer to spend the night at.  Mt. View is a good time, but if you like to have a sip at night, better bring your own in with you.  It's a long drive to the nearest liquor store.  Like around 50 minutes round trip!
Thanks for taking us along for the ride, brother!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 01:36:27 PM »

Does look like a good ride. Like that dinner, too!  :2vrolijk_21:

We enjoy just throwing something easy on the grill, kicking back and relaxing. Typically we can find some kind of smoked sausage, or hot link that fits perfectly
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 01:47:28 PM »

341 is a best-kept secret in these parts.  It's not the best long curvy road, but it's a lot of fun.  You were close to us when you came thru on 62, assuming you went thru Yellville and Flippin.
Good decision on not staying overnight in Flippin.  Not many places to eat an even fewer to spend the night at.  Mt. View is a good time, but if you like to have a sip at night, better bring your own in with you.  It's a long drive to the nearest liquor store.  Like around 50 minutes round trip!
Thanks for taking us along for the ride, brother!

I can see us spending a lot more time in that area, lots of roads to nowhere, and when you get to nowhere, you make the decision of left or right.... we decided long ago that you are only lost if your worried about where your at.

We found a campground there in Cotter a few years back that we really enjoy, sits right on the river and first time there we set out tent up under what we thought was an abandon train track, till the train came. I need to find that pic.

Harry you live in a beautiful area

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 02:43:11 PM »

I can see us spending a lot more time in that area, lots of roads to nowhere, and when you get to nowhere, you make the decision of left or right.... we decided long ago that you are only lost if your worried about where your at.

We found a campground there in Cotter a few years back that we really enjoy, sits right on the river and first time there we set out tent up under what we thought was an abandon train track, till the train came. I need to find that pic.

Harry you live in a beautiful area

After we moved here, we developed a saying whenever someone would ask us where we were going:  "wherever the bike takes us".
Cotter is a cool old town, and the White River is just about clear enough to drink from there.  And c-c-cold!
It is a beautiful area, and we're blessed!
Holler at me next time, we'll hook up if we can!
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2018, 05:48:59 PM »

Harry your comment caused me to laugh at our first trip to Cotter. We camped under what we thought was an abandoned rail track.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2018, 05:50:51 PM »

There was a noise coming from our abandoned track late that afternoon.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 05:52:19 PM »

You know what makes a noise on train tracks? You can see our tent in the lower left of the picture

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2018, 05:54:40 PM »

Pic out the front of the tent. It was sure a funny feeling looking up and seeing the train. Then your mind goes to wondering that a train.....its really heavy....and its over my tent...lol

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 10:31:55 PM »

Pic out the front of the tent. It was sure a funny feeling looking up and seeing the train. Then your mind goes to wondering that a train.....its really heavy....and its over my tent...lol

Dave,
That's funny.  Yes, those tracks are still used.  Were you aware that just northwest of where you were camping and across the White River, is a 1,000 foot long tunnel where the train goes under Hwy 62?  It's a pretty famous tunnel and much wrote about.

Check it out!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotter_Tunnel

Harry

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 11:34:17 AM »

Dave,
That's funny.  Yes, those tracks are still used.  Were you aware that just northwest of where you were camping and across the White River, is a 1,000 foot long tunnel where the train goes under Hwy 62?  It's a pretty famous tunnel and much wrote about.

Check it out!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotter_Tunnel

Thank you for the information Harry!! I will do a little more research and maybe this fall once the critters that bite has froze out take a little hike if it is accessible
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 26 queries.