Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXR4 - Any info welcomed  (Read 5566 times)

Gordon04

• Love my FXR4 and wife
FXR4 - Any info welcomed
« on: February 29, 2004, 02:55:49 AM »

Picked up my "new" FXR4 New Year's Eve.   Just love it.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Rides like a dream.  My first HD.  I would appreciate any real information on the FXR4s.  Have found 1 article on the bike from 1999, but can't find any real information on them.  If you know of articles or books please LMK.  Thanks for any help. [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

fxr4

• ride it like you stole it
Re: FXR4 - Any info welcomed
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 11:54:26 PM »

Congrats on the bike.  [smiley=beerchug.gif]    I love mine as well. What kinda info are you looking for.

Gordon04

• Love my FXR4 and wife
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 07:26:16 PM »

Anything that may be printed.  Found "lots" of information on-line, but most was about bikes that were for sale.  Heck, in "HDs 100 Year History" at Barnes and Noble there was no mention of the FXR4s.  Just the FXR2s and 3s....bummer.

fxr4

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 08:23:44 PM »

I agree Gordon04. The 2 & 3 are alot different in some areas. Axle sizes changed on the 4 changed along with the rest of the 2000 models. We also have dual disc on the frt as well as an electronic speedo. Sorry about not being able to help you on your info. Also one thing I've ran into alot is some dealers don't know what a FXR4 is. Be careful with those idiots because they'll sell you something that won't fit or act like you don't know what your talking about. Not all dealers are this way but have run into 1 or 2 around here. I guess it would help if the people selling accessories and such actually rode a Harley. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

RedFXR2

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 07:41:03 PM »

I have a hardback book entitled 'Harley Davidson Evolution Motorcycles' that talks about the FXR2-3-4 series and has some nice color photos of FXR4's.  Ask for it at your local Barnes and Noble--that's where I bought mine.  The 'Buyers Guide to Harley Davidsons from 1965 to Present' also has two chapters about FXR's in gneral in which they explain the appeal of the line and the design philosophy that went into them.  Not CVO stuff, but interesting in that it sets the stage for why the CVO brought them back for a last hurrah in 1999-2000.  As for hard spec-type info I'm looking for that, myself as pertaining to FXR2's and so far haven't found much.  I know what you mean about dealer ignorance.  When I talk to some of them and say "FXR (anything) they draw a blank stare.

Hope this helps

fxr4

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 11:54:48 PM »

Thanks RedFxr2.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 01:56:17 PM »

cover page
fxr3

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 01:58:17 PM »

i have a couple of these left if you need one..specs on back
fxr3

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.