Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bullet light relocation kit  (Read 1322 times)

coaldigger

bullet light relocation kit
« on: November 14, 2009, 01:43:30 PM »

i bought a bullet light kit from H.D. for my 2000 FXR4 and after looking at the kit, not quite sure it is the right one for my bike the shop keeps selling me replacement parts for a dyna that dont fit the FXR.....anyone know?

coaldigger

Re: bullet light relocation kit
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 01:56:51 PM »

im not pleased with the look of the stock turn signals on my 2000 FXr4. i bought the bullet light kit for it but afetr looking at the kit im not sure they are gonna work. has anyone evr done this light mod? and if so....can you steer me throught the instal?...or how would i go about taking off the light all together for now...if the kit wont work?
the part #x is 68005-99 the box says...90-01 xl and dyna models, but will it work with a FXR?
thanks in advance,
Evan

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: bullet light relocation kit
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:44:22 PM »

im not pleased with the look of the stock turn signals on my 2000 FXr4. i bought the bullet light kit for it but afetr looking at the kit im not sure they are gonna work. has anyone evr done this light mod? and if so....can you steer me throught the instal?...or how would i go about taking off the light all together for now...if the kit wont work?
the part #x is 68005-99 the box says...90-01 xl and dyna models, but will it work with a FXR?
thanks in advance,
Evan

From the pic, that part appears to be incorrect for an FXR, if yours mounts the sames as my FXR3. Not sure how the FXR4 rear TS's are mounted, but I assume the TS stuff from the FXR3 would work just fine. I can get you a complete parts list for the FXR3 if you'd like. And I replaced the stock Rear TS Studs with shorter ones, if that's what you're trying to do as well. ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.