Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: FXR3 vs. FXDSE2  (Read 15064 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: FXR3 vs. FXDSE2
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »

I had mined shipped from Michigan to South Florida in3 days .....by independent shipper

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2010, 05:16:17 PM »

Weeelllll,

Spoke to Haulbikes yesterday.  Nancy the rep.  explained that the driver had been hospitalized, and that a new driver was coming to pick up his load.  She went on to say that the bike should arrive by next Wednesday 5th (Cinquo de Mayo!). She apologized and said that I would receive some sort of discount, but that I would have to receive delivery first.  Then I'd have to call Sharon and work it out.  So, let's figure this out....I bought the bike on March 16 and rode it to the HD dealer in San Antonio that same day.  i was told by HaulBikes they would pick it up on Sat Mar. 20th, but to get the bike there early b/c the drivers are often early.  However, I think they actually picked it up on the 27th. From there they transported it back to their HQ in Milwaukee, WI,  apparently picking up more bikes along the way. From Milwaukee, the bike has to be picked up by another driver who transports it with others in the load back east to me.  However, at the time I was told that driver was delayed in leaving Milwaukee for "whatever reasons".  Based on the fact that he is in the hospital now,  I am assuming the delay was health related. So, if the bike arrives on the 4th of May that would be exactly 7 weeks since I dropped it off at the dealer.  If it comes on May 5th, then that would be a nice round 50 DAYS!  I wonder what the record number of days for delivery is for them?  Maye they're trying to break it. (HA!) According to their policy, they give themselves 28 days from the pick-up date to deliver the bike.  I wonder what kind of discount they'll offer. They charged me $498.00. Oh well, these things happen.  I just hope the bike arrives in the shape I last saw it.  They are courteous though. LOL

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2010, 07:59:27 PM »

Might be in the hospital for taking too long to deliver someone's bike!? :nixweiss:

I start getting worried about the potential for damage the longer the bike's not in my care. All the handling as they transfer it from trailer-to-trailer or warehouse-to-warehouse and 2 months of potentially poor storage conditions would make me nervous as he!!.

Hope it all turns out OK. Thanks for keeping us posted.

td119

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2010, 09:04:42 PM »

I had my FXR3 shipped from Oakland, CA to Northwest NJ by Keyboard in less than 2 weeks, great service they get my vote!!!  :D

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 01:23:30 AM »

td119-

Do you remember what they charged you?  HaulBikes charged me $498.

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2010, 01:26:01 AM »

Bike set to arrive @noon TODAY!  I think I've forgotten how it looks. :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :huepfenlol2: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2010, 12:02:27 PM »

Bike set to arrive @noon TODAY!  I think I've forgotten how it looks. :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :huepfenlol2: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:

Depending on where you live, it might be noon now!  So ...

:worthless:

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »

103-
My buddy called me @ 10;30 this morning to say the bike was being unloaded as we spoke.  Finished what I was doing and walked the few blocks over to his shop, East-11 Motorcylce Exchange.  The driver had a Suzuki Intruder parked directly behind his truck, pointed at it and said, "Here it is" and handed me my paperwork.  He saw the expression on my face and laughed.  "I know you've been waiting awhile for it, but I couldn't resist," he said.  The FXR3 was already inside.  After 50 days of sitting, it had collected a little dust coating of dirt, and the battery was dead, but looked . My buddy had already put it on a charger.  Started up @ 15 mins later, rode it for abut 20 mins in the area, took it home, got my title and headed outside to start her up.  Wasn't sure whether the battery had held the charge but she started immediately. Got her registered and then put about 50+ miles on it. I couldn't resist.  Speedo reads 1,718 miles on it now.  Man, this bike is smooth! Went up and down the gears thru some winding roads in the area and was pleased how easy it goes into turns and how great it handles.  Wanted to ride all day.  Having it detailed at East-11 tomorrow.  Tires show not rot but will go over them, finer.  Will change the fluids tonite. Will take some pix and post soon.  Thanks everybody who contributed to this thread and saw me thru the process of selecting the FXR3.  If I didn't find this website in Jan, I never would have gotten this bike and would've gone in a different direction :2vrolijk_21: Now the real fun begins!  :bananarock:  Was thinking about heading down to the June GTG.  Maybe a Blue flame or a stone cold blue owner will give me a deal, so I can have two. :nixweiss: Why not?

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2010, 07:39:54 PM »

trying to post pix of my "gently used" Green FXR3.

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 07:50:19 PM »

And another

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2010, 07:51:29 PM »

another

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2010, 07:52:19 PM »

And the last one

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2010, 08:54:26 AM »

Congratulations !!

Nice looking skooter !!!!!!!!!!

Mike and I will be in MV in June.

Mike is coming to my house on Thrusday the 24th, on Friday we are riding from here to MV.

We do not know where we are going to stay, or where we are going to ride, but we'll be there   :-) :orange: :pepper:

pm me is you want my phone number, just in case you decide to go to MV   !!!!
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2010, 10:06:53 AM »

Thanks for the invite. I'll consider heading down and will pm you if I decide to go.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 24 queries.