Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: My Red 05 SEEG Arrived Today DAMAGED  (Read 4081 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: My Red 05 SEEG Arrived Today DAMAGED
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2006, 09:33:56 PM »

Tim,
Thanks for bringing us up to date. Sorry to hear about paint not matching up from dealer
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 09:35:41 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2006, 09:42:38 PM »

Tim, thanks for the update and the photo.  I tell ya, it sure looks sweet in the picture, white walls and all.  I think once you get things sorted out (and it sounds like you're getting there), you'll be really happy with the bike. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2006, 11:43:08 PM »

Did you get the tour pak and the detachable passenger backrest with it; or do they just happen to be off the bike right now?  Also, the frong backrest looks funny.  Don't think I've seen one leaning that far back.  And, wow, I know I've not seen tassles off the grips that long on a dresser in a long long long time.  Talk about a blast from the past  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

In the limited riding you did with those long braids on there did they come up and get tangled around your hand and arm any?  The weird wind patterns around the fairing can make that long hair sometimes be a problem on dressers.

Glad they are (hopefully) finally conceding to replace the damaged parts mentioned.  Did they ever give any explanation as to how the bike got in the condition it was, why they'll do the parts they are but won't discuss the fender or why its original description was so far off the mark?

Rakeman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2006, 05:23:23 PM »

Twolane all the components are with the bike you mentioned and the backrest wasn't put all the way in when I took the picture. As far as the tassles THEY GOTTA GO! My old lady might get her eye knocked out with those things. Surprisingly they don't bounce around too much in the wind The other obvious which is going to go too are those whitewalls. The original owner had them put on at delivery. I'll run them for awhile since there's only 1300 miles on the tread, they could have been gangster WW (didn't we have a poll about whitewalls for this bike).
Things are not done with till I get the parts (saddle bag and fairings) but they refuse to order a fender. The damage is not visible but I know it's there. If the others come in OK I suspect I'll live with it and move on.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2006, 07:10:18 PM »

Rakeman-Glad things are slowly going forward.  If the rear fender looks fine other than the hole, just put a plastic plug in it if it can't be seen.  Sometimes you have to move on as you could get a new fender and something in the paint could be wrong or could be scratched installing.  The narrow whites looked better than I thought they would.  Put some miles on them, they may grow on you.  Or time the tire change when there won't be much labor incurred.   If you dislike them that bad, take them off and advertise on Ebay.  I have been fortunate to sell about 10 HD items on Ebay and they all brought good prices.  All the HD customers paid promptly, a GREAT bunch.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2006, 07:20:48 PM »

Twolane all the components are with the bike you mentioned and the backrest wasn't put all the way in when I took the picture. As far as the tassles THEY GOTTA GO! My old lady might get her eye knocked out with those things. Surprisingly they don't bounce around too much in the wind The other obvious which is going to go too are those [highlight]whitewalls[/highlight][/color]. The original owner had them put on at delivery. I'll run them for awhile since there's only 1300 miles on the tread, they could have been gangster WW (didn't we have a poll about whitewalls for this bike).
Things are not done with till I get the parts (saddle bag and fairings) but they refuse to order a fender. The damage is not visible but I know it's there. If the others come in OK I suspect I'll live with it and move on.

Once you get riding the rear will be black in a couple of hundred miles anyway. [smiley=wiseguy.gif]
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.