Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cams  (Read 840 times)

vettes1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Cams
« on: February 04, 2006, 11:22:16 AM »

OK, being a newbie I haven't read all through this thing to see if anything is out there on Cams. I have an 04 SE glide with Reinharts, SERT, SE air. When I ask local dealer about what cam to upgrade to they say "well, you can try....". I don't want to try, I want them to tell me. So, what I'm looking for is beefier low-mid range with no lope at crawling speed. Any one done this?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Cams
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 11:56:23 AM »

OK, being a newbie I haven't read all through this thing to see if anything is out there on Cams. I have an 04 SE glide with Reinharts, SERT, SE air. When I ask local dealer about what cam to upgrade to they say "well, you can try....". I don't want to try, I want them to tell me. So, what I'm looking for is beefier low-mid range with no lope at crawling speed. Any one done this?
vettes1,

Welcome!  There are many threads on this site concerning cams, try the search feature and get ready for a lot of reading (see attachment for how to set up the search screen).  Two of the more promising selections for bottom end on the 103 are the Freedom cam and the new Zipper's cam - check out these threads:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132119717/0
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1138152475/15#15

You will find other references to various Andrews, S&S, Woods, etc. cams that some folks have used.  It all depends on where you want the increased power, and what other mods you make, if any.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.