Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paint Help  (Read 1271 times)

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Paint Help
« on: June 09, 2006, 04:18:45 AM »

I am in need of paint codes for the Blue on a Blue and Black. I found the black code through searching but have not had any luck finding the gold for the stripes or the Candy Cobalt. While having my bike repaired, my dealer had some of the spoilers for the saddle bags and tour pack that were the wrong color, he cut me a real good price for them and said they had a body shop that they said could match the paint - No Problem! Now that my bike is almost done and they have holes already drilled for the spoilers, the painter gets a hold of me and says he is having trouble matching the colors. He says he can get close! but I bet close is not close enough for me. Any help would be appreciated, like I said I have searched and have not been able to find the Cobalt Blue or the gold. Thanks Brad
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Paint Help
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 07:04:01 AM »

Brad, the spoilers, because of their position on the bike, won't have any blue or copper on them, right?  If you have the black, I'm thinking you already have what you need. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • "AWESOME"
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 08:49:52 AM »

I put the Factory Painted Spoilers on my 04 Black and Blue. They are "Starlite Black" in color.  [smiley=drink.gif]   Dave

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 01:14:01 PM »

Brad, the spoilers, because of their position on the bike, won't have any blue or copper on them, right?  If you have the black, I'm thinking you already have what you need. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Oh Yeah, I must explain further. He is going to continue the stripes on the travel trunk like he did on yours and then on the saddlebag spoilers to get a little contrast are going to be painted the blue, instead of the black. I thought it might look good against the black lids and be different. I know the name of the colors, Candy Cobalt and Starlight Black, what I need is the formulation or codes for the painter to mix these colors.
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 01:52:53 PM »

Brad, to get the codes, check with a guy here by the name of "DEAN_NELSON."  Dean made a trike out of a blue/black SEEG some time ago.  I think he has the exact codes, but if not, "close" may be close enough since you'll be putting cobalt blue on top of the starlight black and not on a part of the bike that is painted the factory cobalt blue.  Just a thought. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 07:58:33 PM »

Didn't "pj57" or ”DCFIREMANN” have access to, or knew a painter that had the codes? You may want to try checking with them.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:11:17 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 08:36:57 PM »

Just did a search on "Paint Codes" and came back with several threads.

One in particular - ”Paint Codes” has a formula (reply #7) and if you read some of the later posts it seems this formula was a match.

Also you can check out the trike that 103tHunDer was speaking of here - ”SEEG Trike”

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 12:59:41 PM »

firedOOd. That is just the code for the black, I already have that one from the same search, I need the codes for the Cobalt Blue.  I just typed Dean Nelson with the trike, nice looking paint, hopefully he has it.

3hawgs

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 12:18:37 AM »

The paint codes for the 04 Black/Blue SEEG that are printed on the touch up bottles are as follows:

Candy Cobalt   33H084
Starlight Black 39H011

I assume these are OEM paint codes that can be translated into PPG's?

Hope this helps!!!

John L.

04 B/B FLHTCSE
02 Custom FXSTD
01 Custom FXDL
04 Ironhorse Slammer

« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 02:23:04 AM by 3hawgs »

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.