Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: valve seals  (Read 852 times)

mccaz

• FLHRSEI.ORG
valve seals
« on: November 15, 2006, 12:32:39 PM »

hey guys new to the board.  i have a o5 bannana that has been fouling the front plug.  have changed the plugs several times in leass then 2000 miles.  Finally took to the dealership.  they said the valve seal was bad.  I had them fix that under warranty.  They told me that harley knows about this, but will not do a recall and there is a redsigned seal for this. They are fixing this on case by case situations.  I quess thanks for a warranty.  Is this a common problem or maybe a recurring problem.  thanks

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: valve seals
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 12:45:48 PM »

Welcome to the site.  You'll enjoy it here.........a lot of good information.  

There is a thread or two regarding valve seals if you want to do a search.  I ride an 04 SEEG and I had bad valve seals early on and they replaced them under warranty.  I knew something was wrong by how much oil I was using......a quart in less than a thousand miles.  That became apparent a lot quicker than the fouled plug.  After two fouled plugs and several quarts of oil, I took it back in and they replaced the seals.  No problem since then.

By the way, when they replaced the seals, the got something all over the top fins of my cylinders and I couldn't get it off and neither could they.  So my bike went back in again for new cylinders, too........that they paid for.

Not sure that it's a real common problem with the valve seals however, it's not real uncommon.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 01:04:27 PM »

mccaz,
    Welcome to the site.   I have an 05 SEEG and luckily no oil burn or fouled plugs yet.  It'll be my luck they go just after the warranty is up........Welcome again and a nickles worth of free advice.......if you hang around here......keep your hand on your wallet........these boyz love spending OPM (other peoples money).  You may even come down with OCD (obsessive chrome disorder) yourself..... [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 01:22:31 PM »

mccaz,
    Welcome to the site.   I have an 05 SEEG and luckily no oil burn or fouled plugs yet.  It'll be my luck they go just after the warranty is up........Welcome again and a nickles worth of free advice.......if you hang around here......keep your hand on your wallet........[highlight]these boyz love spending OPM [/highlight](other peoples money).  You may even come down with OCD (obsessive chrome disorder) yourself..... [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif]

Who us? NEVER!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

MCCAZ, welcome to the site.  You'll end up addicted like the rest of us.  
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.