Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 23" Wheel suspension issue  (Read 970 times)

BigB64

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2018 Roadglide Gunship Grey
    • CVO2: 2013 roadglide Emerald/Gold
    • CVO3: 2016 Roadglide Ultra/ Grey Black
23" Wheel suspension issue
« on: April 27, 2019, 03:58:39 PM »

Need some help! 7 deg American suspension trees with 23" KO Gunship wheel just took out for test run after 128" install and rake wheel kit now I am bottoming out over pebbles?
I have spacers that came in kit installed in bottom of lower legs, 22OZ of heavy duty fluid stock springs.
Im 350lbs a very big dude but something isnt right. Anyone have solutions? No I don't want to put it back to stock...
enough is never enough

BigB64

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

Re: 23" Wheel suspension issue
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 08:28:10 AM »

Anyone?
Anyone?
Anyone?
LOL
enough is never enough

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 06:44:01 PM »

I would think the best thing would be to call folks who made the stuff. Not shop who sold it but the manufacturer.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 11:11:17 PM »

Lose some weight.

Sorry, just kidding. I'm over 300lb myself. I couldn't resist.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 08:30:11 AM »

Need some help! 7 deg American suspension trees with 23" KO Gunship wheel just took out for test run after 128" install and rake wheel kit now I am bottoming out over pebbles?
I have spacers that came in kit installed in bottom of lower legs, 22OZ of heavy duty fluid stock springs.
Im 350lbs a very big dude but something isnt right. Anyone have solutions? No I don't want to put it back to stock...

I'm not familiar with the kit at all, so I can't give you an answer, but I do have a question or two.  What do they say is the purpose of those spacers, and who recommended the heavy duty (what viscosity?) fluid?  If you're running the stock fork springs and dampers, and the only changes were those spacers and fluid, I'd guess those are your culprits.  I'm further guessing those spacers have something to do with limiting travel so your fender doesn't hit other solid parts.  If so, I would not be surprised by a harsh ride.

Jerry :nixweiss:
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

BigB64

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 08:09:39 PM »

I'm not familiar with the kit at all, so I can't give you an answer, but I do have a question or two.  What do they say is the purpose of those spacers, and who recommended the heavy duty (what viscosity?) fluid?  If you're running the stock fork springs and dampers, and the only changes were those spacers and fluid, I'd guess those are your culprits.  I'm further guessing those spacers have something to do with limiting travel so your fender doesn't hit other solid parts.  If so, I would not be surprised by a harsh ride.

Jerry :nixweiss:
spacers to limit travel, 30Wt stock springs and dampers/talking with legends now
enough is never enough

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.