Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lowering Kit vs Shocks?  (Read 3014 times)

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Lowering Kit vs Shocks?
« on: July 19, 2006, 03:34:49 PM »

What is the opinion of using a lowering kit for the rear shocks of a RoadKing or EGlide?  Do those that use them have issues with the tire rubbing the inside top fender on compression?
Doesn't the internal stops of a HD Shock or even lowered aftermarket PS shocks stop the tire from hitting the fender?  Thereby when using one of these lowering kits, the space between the tire and fender is shortened but the shock still has it's same travel length??

I ride 2 up all the time and need about 1.5 to 2 inches of reduced seat height.  My SEEG already has the 12" shocks and PS only goes to 11.5, so I need a little more.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Lowering Kit vs Shocks?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 03:40:49 PM »

What about the lowered seats that are now available?  That way you'd still have your suspension travel while still having the lowered seat perch.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 03:50:28 PM »

Already got the seat, more comfy, but not any lower.  Extended reach seats sometimes only means getting you closer to the bars or footpegs.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 08:30:20 PM »

You might want to consider air shocks that are adjustable with their own compressor such as the ones by Legend or I think Progressive makes them too? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Then you could lower the shocks when you need your feet down and raise the bike when you want to improve the ride. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.