Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Street Glide®

Just got my Corbin solo seat

(1/6) > >>

spook120:
Just got my Corbin solo seat. Noted it said for 09 street glide. Called Corbin and they said all the same up to 2017. My 2017 is waiting at dealer for winter to leave but was wondering if I got the correct seat?  Also any issues in mounting the seat to the CVO street glide? Thanks in advance.

JCZ:
You did order for the "CVO" Street Glide correct?  It is a bit different than the regular SG.  I've posted on this forum several times to order from Jim (hd-dude on this forum and owner of Metal Dragon in Hayward) to make sure you get the right seat for the right CVO and to get the discount.

If you end up with the wrong seat, I'd suggest that you call Corbin in Hollister (that's where all the seats are made, not in Fla.) and ask for Julio (pronounced Hulio).  He is the lead guy in the shop and knows the difference between a CVO SG and a regular SG.

Here's a link to mine being made for my 10 CVO SG.....excellent customer service if you can ride in.  Over the phone.....not so much.....   https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.30

If you want to spend the time going through all 49 pages of that thread you'll find many, many mods to a CVO SG but I warn you........it will cost you $$ before you're through the entire thread.   :P

spook120:
Told them a CVO bike but doubt they listened. What's the difference in seats?

JCZ:
If I remember correctly (that was 8 yrs. ago).....it's the tongue.  Up around where the seat fits around the tank and the bottom part of the tank dash.   I've had a few seats made at Corbin for different bikes so can't say with certainty. 

Are you able to take it to your dealership and have them try it?

spook120:
Well I guess I will be on the phone to Corbin tomorrow...but after hearing horror stories about their customer service it is not something I am looking forward to doing.  Worse case scenario if it is the wrong seat and they give me crap, I will stop payment on my credit card. Should have just left the bloody bike stock!  Ugh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version