Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Street Glide®

Installing 14" Handle Bars on 17' CVO SG

(1/4) > >>

RivRaptor:
Started install by removing seat, gas tank, lock cover, front fairing cover, front blinker assy, fairing mount bolts then tilting fairing forward to expose triple clamp & bar assy.  Removed controls & zipped tyed them over engine area, then I removed the upper triple clamp. (3 bolts & soft hammer)  My bike is in a wheel chock and working by myself so I went this way to install the new SE mount bushing.  (another way would be to just turn the front tire side to side to get to the bolts under the upper triple clamp). I also snugged up the goose neck bearings while I was there.  Re installed triple clamp with new handle bar mount bushings.  Then the really fun part was fishing the wires through the bars.  I ended up using a construction grade string fished through a tiny socket to get the string with a knot on the end to get through the bars then taped the wires as small as possible and pulled.  I failed many times before I got them through.  Thank the Lord I didn't have heated grips.  Some may want to buy pre wired bars. 

RivRaptor:
Scary

RivRaptor:
After my first go over I decided to buy longer brake and clutch lines, but after I had to order them from HD and could not even get the same lines I decided to take another look and im glad I did by making a small notch in the harness cover assy I was able to re-route the brake line through it here by creating more slack by routing the line much higher & it looks stock.

RivRaptor:
Installed in wire loom

RivRaptor:
Out the front of the loom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version