Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fairing Mounted Mirrors......Are You Satisfied??  (Read 2460 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Fairing Mounted Mirrors......Are You Satisfied??
« on: February 25, 2005, 09:22:21 PM »

I have these mirrors ready and waiting to go on my Lil Bananna, If it ever makes it's way to Memphis. I was having some second thoughts after reading thru a couple threads. So I bring it before my experienced amigo buddy o pals.

1) Can you see better or worse and why?

2) If you could do it over again, would you still install fairing mirrors?

Thank ya,  Thank Ya Very Much!!!!!            JR [smiley=laugh.gif]    

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Fairing Mounted Mirrors......Are You Satisfied
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 09:42:25 PM »

I have these mirrors ready and waiting to go on my Lil Bananna, If it ever makes it's way to Memphis. I was having some second thoughts after reading thru a couple threads. So I bring it before my experienced amigo buddy o pals.

1) Can you see better or worse and why?

2) If you could do it over again, would you still install fairing mirrors?

Thank ya,

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 09:49:48 PM »

JR, you're right, you will get mixed responses on this one.  I have them on the SEEG and had them on my '02 Electra Glide Classic.  As far as the view, on the '02 I felt they improved the view over the stock Electra Glide mirrors.  The standard EG mirrors are not mounted as high or out to the sides as the teardrop mirrors on the SEEG.  So, on the SEEG, I thought the view with the stock mirrors was excellent and, in my opinion, actually got slightly worse going to the fairing mounted mirrors, mainly because they mount lower.  Because of that, I get some interference with the grips/controls and my arms, but not bad enough to say I wouldn't do it all over again.

The benefits of the fairing mounted mirrors are: they clean up the looks of the front-end of the bike (no mirrors sticking up), fewer bug guts to clean off after the ride, and they make good use of unused real estate on that part of the inner-fairing.  The only thing I would do differently the next time is mount them a smidgen farther out and higher on the fairing than the supplied template puts them.  I think that would solve a lot of my issues with the view.  But, again, still not bad, overall.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 09:53:52 PM »

Won't the dark mirror housing really stand out against the yellow painted inner fairing?

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 10:52:50 PM »

I had them on my '03 ultra and they were a big improvement. I like the mirrors on my SEEG...both the way they look and the view...personal preference...hope you get it soon [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Daddyschog

• Junior CVO Member
  • git er dun
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 01:10:27 AM »

I had the Fairing mout mirrors on my Ultra and loved them!  Big improvment over stock mirrors that gave me a great view of my elbos.  I like the ones on my SEEG.  They let me see around arms to look for what I should see, what is behind me. [smiley=cool3.gif]
let Daddy tell ya a little story

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 11:42:53 AM »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 11:51:43 AM »

Won't the dark mirror housing really stand out against the yellow painted inner fairing?

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 12:01:27 PM »

I appreciate your input. I was looking to clean up the dash and have heard others say when you get them adjusted and get use to them they actually give a greater view. I was looking for honest answers and believe you were straight up! Thanks bro. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The only draw back is......  I will have to find another place to hang my dice from. [smiley=7.gif]

JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2005, 12:37:46 PM »

And what the heck, If it looks like crap I can remove and have them painted to match. I already spent a kazillion bucks too much already...what's a few more? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

That is the absolutely perfect attitude.  Kind of an "I want it that way, if it ain't good enough I'll just take it back off and change it to make it good enough, dammit" way of looking at the problem.   [smiley=drink.gif]

As has been pointed out there is other of the black facing you.  But the only big fields are the inner lower fairing.  Up there where the mirrors are I'm thinking that's going to be a lot of black suddenly sticking out against the colored field.  Quite frankly I don't think it would be as much of an issue on the red bike since it would be black against the darker red color.  Not nearly as much of a contrast.  Against that bright yellow, however, I'm thinking they might stand out like 103Thunder at a pretty girls convention or Cabo's  bike at a Vespa show.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 01:57:30 PM »

I appreciate your input. I was looking to clean up the dash and have heard others say when you get them adjusted and get use to them they actually give a greater view. I was looking for honest answers and believe you were straight up! Thanks bro. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The only draw back is......

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.