Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: 07 SERK Saddlebags  (Read 13109 times)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
Re: 07 SERK Saddlebags
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 01:26:47 PM »

the serks bags are a little smaller.

wait till Hoist reads this,,  he bought a set of hard bags for his serk.  he could tell you about the size comparison.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 01:30:51 PM »

the serks bags are a little smaller.

wait till Hoist reads this,,  he bought a set of hard bags for his serk.  he could tell you about the size comparison.

I didn't know they were smaller than the Classic. No wonder they're virtually useless for a long trip. If I could only find someone who thinks they can match the paint for the B/I SERK, I can get them hard bags on. I think the bike would look so much better too. ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 02:45:15 PM »

I didn't know they were smaller than the Classic. No wonder they're virtually useless for a long trip. If I could only find someone who thinks they can match the paint for the B/I SERK, I can get them hard bags on. I think the bike would look so much better too. ;) Hoist! 8)

Hey Howie - can't believe you like the look of the hard bags better, the leather bags look way cooler - JMHO of course  ;)

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 02:53:11 PM »

Hey Howie - can't believe you like the look of the hard bags better, the leather bags look way cooler - JMHO of course  ;)

Nige

You know me Nige, if it's ugly and unpopular, I usually like it more. Now I don't force myself to do something I don't like, just because it's ugly. But I usually see the beauty in the ugliness! I also like to be different and cut against the grain. If I like it while others are hurling over it, all the better! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »

Howie,,  have you tried the hard bags on the bike yet ?

the classic bags seem to be a little higher then the serk bags,  but to be honest,, I've never compared the two next to each other.

I only get to use one bag on my bike anyway.  does what I need. :apple:

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 03:13:17 PM »

Howie,,  have you tried the hard bags on the bike yet ?

the classic bags seem to be a little higher then the serk bags,  but to be honest,, I've never compared the two next to each other.

I only get to use one bag on my bike anyway.  does what I need. :apple:

Hey Dennis, aren't you in Daytona? I haven't even taken the bags out of the box yet! I should probably check for fit before I paint them, huh? ::) I couldn't pass them up for what I paid for them. I figured if they fit, great! If they don't, I'll easily sell them for what I paid for them. I'm hoping they fit. I'll check this weekend and let everyone know once and for all, whether hard bags fit on an '07 SERK, without any modifications! ;) Hoist! 8)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 03:33:48 PM »

all packed and loaded.  leave Friday mornin at 6am

yeah,, I think I would try them on to make sure they fit before I ha :apple:d them painted.

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2007, 03:34:31 PM »

Hey Dennis, aren't you in Daytona? I haven't even taken the bags out of the box yet! I should probably check for fit before I paint them, huh? ::) I couldn't pass them up for what I paid for them. I figured if they fit, great! If they don't, I'll easily sell them for what I paid for them. I'm hoping they fit. I'll check this weekend and let everyone know once and for all, whether hard bags fit on an '07 SERK, without any modifications! ;) Hoist! 8)

Going from hard bags to leather bags you'll have to adjust the top brackets.  The holes aren't in the same place.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2007, 05:12:59 PM »

Going from hard bags to leather bags you'll have to adjust the top brackets.  The holes aren't in the same place.

Thanks Don, adjusting the brackets are no big deal. I really haven't been thinking about it too much. Just have them sitting around my garage for now. I'll check it this weekend. I probably should know if they're viable or not! Hoist! 8)

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2007, 10:33:17 PM »

Does the HD site list hard bags for SERK? I have looked a couple of times and can't find them. Also any problem with the hard police bags fitting on an 07 SERK? Have seen a couple of these on ebay but wasn't sure of the fit or if there would be other problems. Thanks in advance, JJ.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2007, 10:48:02 PM »

Does the HD site list hard bags for SERK? I have looked a couple of times and can't find them. Also any problem with the hard police bags fitting on an 07 SERK? Have seen a couple of these on ebay but wasn't sure of the fit or if there would be other problems. Thanks in advance, JJ.

Hey JJ, HD doesn't offer them painted to match our bikes. Why use the Police bags, with the 2-piece design, when you can use regular RK Hard Bags? I picked up a used set and am looking to get them painted now. I forgot to check the fit today, but I don't see why they wouldn't fit. Don says I might have to adjust the bracket at the fender struts. No biggie. Getting someone to match the paint has been the tricky part. I'm still looking for someone who says they can do this. Anyone? Hoist! 8)

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2007, 10:59:38 PM »

Hey JJ, HD doesn't offer them painted to match our bikes. Why use the Police bags, with the 2-piece design, when you can use regular RK Hard Bags? I picked up a used set and am looking to get them painted now. I forgot to check the fit today, but I don't see why they wouldn't fit. Don says I might have to adjust the bracket at the fender struts. No biggie. Getting someone to match the paint has been the tricky part. I'm still looking for someone who says they can do this. Anyone? Hoist! 8)
Howie, Thanks for the response. I figured HD would not have matching hard bags for our bikes but I was just trying to find any hard bags for a RK on their site and could not find them. Wanted to see what new price was in case I did find a used set to get some idea as to what a fair price for used ones might be. Didn't know anything about the "two piece" design for the police bags. Would you please explain what this is? I had noticed the caps on the police bag tops and was told those were used to open them. Wasn't sure why they were designed that way or if that would be a problem. Is that somehow related to the "two piece" design you mentioned. As always, many thanks, JJ.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2007, 11:11:56 PM »

Howie, Thanks for the response. I figured HD would not have matching hard bags for our bikes but I was just trying to find any hard bags for a RK on their site and could not find them. Wanted to see what new price was in case I did find a used set to get some idea as to what a fair price for used ones might be. Didn't know anything about the "two piece" design for the police bags. Would you please explain what this is? I had noticed the caps on the police bag tops and was told those were used to open them. Wasn't sure why they were designed that way or if that would be a problem. Is that somehow related to the "two piece" design you mentioned. As always, many thanks, JJ.

They have latches on the end to help lock the lids down. They have a black knob on top for quick removal of the whole top cover. That's how they used to be anyway. This design is instead of the usual hinges and latches, like on regular touring bikes. I bought a used set from a Gold SERK, without hardware. I have to still get the hinges, latches and locks. But they only cost me $200 for both. Like I said, the paint's gonna be the tricky part. Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2007, 06:41:03 AM »

Hey Howie - Have you looked at these guys, sounds like they offer a pretty comprehensive service.

http://www.ruckerperformance.com/paint/paint.htm

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

dereck

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHXSE2.ORG

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: sold FLHRSE3 Black Ice
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2007, 11:48:46 AM »

I should have read this thread a little closer before YESTERDAY.  I installed the locks per the instructions (dumb a$$) and sure enough, they hit up against the painted filler piece that is installed between the bags and the rear fender.

I'm a little indecisive about what to do now.   :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 21 queries.