Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Freedom Cycle - New True Duals  (Read 11066 times)

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
Freedom Cycle - New True Duals
« on: February 16, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »

I have been talking to the folks at Freedom off & on for the past few weeks since I had heard that they were coming out with some new products.  James sorta let it slip a while back that they had some things in the works and were going to be debuting the new stuff at the Cincinnati show.  I spoke with Brad after they got back and he was able to share some more definitive information.

Here's what they came up with and are gearing up for tooling roughly April 1...

All new duals in a two-step design incorporating an all new design muffler.  Brad indicated that they are seeing some pretty good numbers with these...roughly 4hp & 4tq over the prior Freedom duals which got about those same numbers over the Rineharts.  They spent some time and effort working with some proprietary tricks inside to minimize reversion while upping the torque & hp where it counts.  The mufflers overall look totally different from any others on the market having a sort of trapezoidal look to them.  Great design for those who get down hard into the corners...I think one would have other problems before one would scrape the sides on these.  They are also about 20% quieter of the previous design.  The double barrel look has a 20 degree kick to the outside end...Brad said they did some extra special effort in creating that end cap.  He also mentioned that this overall design will work with smaller cubed engines  as well as the bigger cubes.  When I first started talking to FCC about this set up, they were looking at doing ceramic/jet coatings on the pipes but have since decided to go with the traditional heat shield/covers instead.  I was told the cost is going to be  $1050.00...a little steep yes, but its all new and no one else has anything like it.  BTW, if you are interested in getting a set...you will have to call Freedom to put your name on the list and wait.  (read that to mean...you're after me)  They are only taking names for now and will be contacting/selling off the list on a first come first serve basis when the tooling gets into swing.   

Freedom also came out with some other items that they will be putting up on their website soon....it is also getting updated.  They have a nice looking new Elite Billet air cleaner system that helps greatly in the breathing department...check it out. 

Check their site for pics...
http://www.freedomcyclereno.com/

I'd be interested to hearing opinions on the mufflers.  At first I was pretty overwhelmed  with the overall look...then, the more I stared at them, I thought they looked like they'd be more suited on a Goldwing or Victory...now I'm thinking maybe they will look just fine on my SERK.   

ez   
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

Re: Freedom Cycle - New True Duals
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 11:59:28 PM »

Pic #2
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:00:06 AM »

Pic #3

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 12:01:05 AM »

Air Cleaner

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 12:15:46 AM »

EZ;
I too have been in almost daily communication with Brad on these, I am on the list for a couple sets for customers as well, They look pretty good in my book.

Couple of other points on these:
  • Torque curve will move down in the RPM range without giving up top end numbers
  • O2 bungs will be installed in the pipes
  • heat shields will be full coverage

The new AC kit will allow the user to direct air flow over the rear cylender head to increase cooling.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 12:18:35 AM »

Not to wish you any bad luck,But I hope my set comes 1st :) I,ve been waiting for them since street Vib. last year- AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 12:27:28 AM »

(I'm hoping the $100 incentive moved me up the list before you guys....tee hee.)

So, let me ask this...what do you guys think if one were to "hog out" that double-barrel divider section of the end cap and make it into one large oval opening?  To me, the double-barrel holes look like they would look better if they were a larger diameter?

Sheesh...here we go....modifying something that I don't already have yet.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 12:32:31 AM »

(I'm hoping the $100 incentive moved me up the list before you guys....tee hee.)

So, let me ask this...what do you guys think if one were to "hog out" that double-barrel divider section of the end cap and make it into one large oval opening?  To me, the double-barrel holes look like they would look better if they were a larger diameter?

Sheesh...here we go....modifying something that I don't already have yet.

Without knowing for sure how the baffle interacts with the end cap its hard to say if that will even be possible. I would think that it would also change the backpressure design of the pipe. Not something I would do after Brad and crew have spent almost 18 months designing these for the best performance.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »

Without knowing for sure how the baffle interacts with the end cap its hard to say if that will even be possible. I would think that it would also change the backpressure design of the pipe. Not something I would do after Brad and crew have spent almost 18 months designing these for the best performance.

You know...that last line of my signature block doesn't lie.   

I was going to run the idea by Brad before doing so...and/or suggest that maybe they could make it as an optional end cap...assuming the performance isn't hindered.  He wouldn't give me any insight as to what the muffler was cored like or if they were going to play around with anything like optional baffles...other than to say that it was proprietary innards and that's all I probably needed to know (not his exact words, but I got the point).

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 12:47:47 AM »

You know...that last line of my signature block doesn't lie.   

I was going to run the idea by Brad before doing so...and/or suggest that maybe they could make it as an optional end cap...assuming the performance isn't hindered.  He wouldn't give me any insight as to what the muffler was cored like or if they were going to play around with anything like optional baffles...other than to say that it was proprietary innards and that's all I probably needed to know (not his exact words, but I got the point).

Yep, Brad is very "close to the vest" when it comes to his stuff. He has however released the specs to me on his cams. I have his permission to post them, I will do so in the Twin Cam Thread......

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 12:56:05 AM »

More info on the pipes....

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 01:10:06 AM »

I'm almost afraid to publicly ask this question...knowing this crowd.   :o

What is a Unique kenetic energy relief hole ?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 08:43:57 AM »

They're almost as ugly as the SPO's. They look great. I like them. Thanks a lot. ::) I gotta call my shop today and see if they mind not installing the V&H TD's and SPO's I already bought, and order this system instead. IH talks about the SPO's scraping. These don't look like they'll ever scrape!. When do you think they will be available? This never ends, does it? ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »

How do you navigate their site for parts and accessories? That site is as bad as S&S's to find anything! Trying to get more info on this exhaust system and availability. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 10:24:08 AM »

The pipes won't be availible until April at the soonest.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.