Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Centennial Gold Paint  (Read 4177 times)

Redd70

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTD-SE
Centennial Gold Paint
« on: March 16, 2017, 12:54:38 AM »

Anybody know of a color match for the Centennial Gold color other than Harleys unreal priced paint ?
I Never Grew Up,
Price Of My Toys Just Got bigger.

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE
Re: Centennial Gold Paint
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 07:28:32 AM »

I had a local paint house match it. How much do you have to repair? I might have a bit left. By the way, you really should blend it.

Redd70

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 08:49:47 PM »

I had a local paint house match it. How much do you have to repair? I might have a bit left. By the way, you really should blend it.

That'd be great, I was gonna paint the frame rail covers. ya know how they get scratched up on the underside. Plus I just nicked my front fender with a windshield bracket , not major just a pinhole really bout the size of a pencil eraser or smaller I was gonna touch it up a tad, It's not even that noticeable but it drives me crazy cause I know it's there. I'm no painter either, I painted one car when I was younger with enamel paint, it turned out pretty good. But what do ya mean I should blend it? Also our local auto paint works shop acted like it was some major task to try and help me match a color and then shot me a price that kinda knocked me down , plus said it wouldn't match anyhow. SOOO, ya able to help me out somehow with a code or some leftover or something? Be greatly appreciated.
I Never Grew Up,

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 12:12:25 PM »

I will look in the garage today. I should have a tad left. I used it and painted the frame covers along with an exhaust bracket from an aftermarket exhaust install.

There is no code. You need to limit the repair area to something very small and shoot very minimal paint then clear the entire fender.

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »

If you remove something like a front fender, most automotive paint supply houses can and will scan and match the color. To paint the plastic frame covers when you supply the paint should run like $100 and they supply the clear.

When you have an issue with the fenders, very minimal look at $200 to $500. I had corrosion on the rear of the front fender in the black was $200.

A paint chip on the rear fender in the gold, half of the size of my thumb nail, $500. Both repairs are wonderful, and undetectable.

Having the shop paint the exhaust bracket I had removed, I supplied the paint, $25.

That being said, I have a half pint of the gold, it is Deltron basecoat.

Redd70

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 07:14:08 PM »

Thanks for your time and info Rich, I actually got the local paint store to mix up a close match but it's not like the real deal I'm afraid but I just touched up my flub up and it's not that noticeable but thanks all the same.
I Never Grew Up,

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.