Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: 2019 CVO's...any idea?  (Read 44934 times)

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: 2019 CVO's...any idea?
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2018, 04:10:21 PM »

I have been saying for years (and I was not the originator of the idea) that H-D should switch to a "custom order" type of system using their parts catalog as a base so that the customer could order exactly what they want for things like motor size, paint schemes, parts themes such as skulls,flames etc. That way when the bike arrives it is truly a "one of" type turn key bike.
I know they tried it a couple of years ago with a couple of Sportsters but should be available across the board so H-D could market itself as the largest custom bike builder.......
I know they may take away from the dealerships profit in after sales installs but I think they could make out better in the long run by making it easier to get service/warranty work done quickly. I would think also that pre-ordering parts to be installed at factory would help determine H-D inventory based on demand for certain things and help prevent overstocking slow moving items.

BMW started doing that several years ago with their cars, you could get a lot of the accessories installed at the port after the car shipped from Germany like exhausts, blacked out grilles etc, it really didn't take away from the service department, there where still always things to install and the dealer still got credit for the parts discounts at the end of the year.
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2018, 05:21:36 AM »

Spy shot, 2019.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2018, 06:59:49 AM »

Spy shot, 2019.

...now DAT'S phuny rat dare....

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2018, 08:19:04 AM »

Compared to some of the 2018’s......it’s at least unique....and most likely more trouble free...JUST SAYIN!!!!

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2018, 09:32:58 AM »

Wide whites are making a come back!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2018, 10:21:41 AM »

Notice the super comfortable extra thick seat appears to be wrapped in plastic for stealth purposes.  Unfounded rumor that Harley has inked a deal with Lazy Boy recliners on cushions.

ultrarider123

« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2018, 10:48:46 AM »

Notice the super comfortable extra thick seat appears to be wrapped in plastic for stealth purposes.  Unfounded rumor that Harley has inked a deal with Lazy Boy recliners on cushions.

Boy, you went a completely different direction than I was thinking.  I thought since Momma Harley seems to cater to us generic folks, that was a Depends for your seat.... :huepfenlol2:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2018, 11:39:50 AM »

Boy, you went a completely different direction than I was thinking.  I thought since Momma Harley seems to cater to us generic folks, that was a Depends for your seat.... :huepfenlol2:

You're ahead of the curve on that one. ;D   Harley brand Depends to match your seat.   :o  Nope, I will not Google that.  No, no reason to Google it. 

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2018, 04:28:48 PM »

You're ahead of the curve on that one. ;D   Harley brand Depends to match your seat.   :o  Nope, I will not Google that.  No, no reason to Google it.

Sure go ahead and google it! Results will probably say overpriced and issues with leaks
Most great stores start with a bad decision

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2018, 07:59:30 AM »

Sure go ahead and google it! Results will probably say overpriced and issues with leaks

Nope, not gonna do it.  Many, many years ago was warned to never Google the words "Lemon Party". 

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2018, 05:58:24 PM »

With only 12 weeks to go till the 2019 line up is here ...and here it is......there will be new creative colors (not in Denim) some chromed and some blacked out.   The M8 problems are resolved along with a new oil pump and system.   The share holders and executives are taking a 10% cut in pay and incentives that will be used to lower the pricing by 10%.   

SH_ _ ......SORRY I JUST WOKE UP.....IT WAS A DREAM....
Showed this to number of dealers in my area and they all just laughed.    Except .....several Said the colors will be much better and there are some minor changes to the M8.....then quickly said the M8 is a great engine until you mess with it........?????? little over 5 weeks to go.....

Anyone remember The California EPA website that does the carb approvals etc

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2018, 07:16:49 PM »

Showed this to number of dealers in my area and they all just laughed.    Except .....several Said the colors will be much better and there are some minor changes to the M8.....then quickly said the M8 is a great engine until you mess with it........?????? little over 5 weeks to go.....

Anyone remember The California EPA website that does the carb approvals etc

So that there is a bunch of salesman BS and likely what they are using for an excuse. The Tech working on my bike made a big point about how upgradeable the M8 is compared to the Twin Cam. He said it was too bad that HD got rid of the Super Tuner because that's what would really let you get performance out of the planned upgrades. I think with all the HD Kits that are available it becomes clear that is exactly what HD was trying to achieve.

DH

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2018, 10:35:05 PM »

So that there is a bunch of salesman BS and likely what they are using for an excuse. The Tech working on my bike made a big point about how upgradeable the M8 is compared to the Twin Cam. He said it was too bad that HD got rid of the Super Tuner because that's what would really let you get performance out of the planned upgrades. I think with all the HD Kits that are available it becomes clear that is exactly what HD was trying to achieve.

DH
It sure looks that way, like HD is trying to make lemonade from lemons (the EPA ruling and fines):  HD gets to void the warranty for any non-HD powertrain upgrades and/or tuning devices/maps, so anyone who wants to keep the warranty on a brand-new engine design is forced to use HD parts (and labor), tuners, and maps--so the aftermarket is shut out from the business.  HD reaps the benefits.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

yobtaf103

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2018, 01:17:07 PM »

2019 Touring, Twin balancers & rubber mount, cable clutch 114" option ..... :coolblue: Job done

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2018, 02:50:13 PM »

New trike design, several (?) new models, FatBoy redesign. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.