Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wolfgang Uber ceramic coating  (Read 3309 times)

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
Wolfgang Uber ceramic coating
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:07:21 PM »

Anyone used the WOLFGANG UBER ceramic paint coatings before?
If so what’s your experience with the product?
Got some on the way just wondering if it is a good product or not.
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
Re: Wolfgang Uber ceramic coating
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 05:33:26 AM »

You can't go wrong with any Wolfgang product.  I have not used their ceramic but use many of their products and they are at the top for quality.  Remember, ceramic coating does no correction to your finish, it just protects what you have underneath so do all your swirl, scratch, etc correction prior to applying the ceramic.  If your bike is a dark finish such as black, make sure you follow directions and look for a video on application.  Ceramic can show shadows if not properly applied.  Lastly, I highly recommend CarPro Reload to maintain the ceramic.  This stuff is amazing on everything and keeps your ceramic repelling everything.  Ceramic has a high heat tolerance and I put it on customers pipes (heat shields) and engines. For the engine I just mist it into the cooling fins and lightly wipe down the chrome heads. trans, primary, etc.  Once on a light spray with APC such as S100 and a low pressure wash and the bike looks brand new again.  Hope this helps.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 06:44:18 AM »

I don't know anything about Wolfgang Uber.  But I can tell you that the ceramic coatings are all the new rage with snowbirders and full time RVers down in the southwest.  It has quickly spread across the RVing community.

I can also tell you.....if you're going to tint any windows in your home, office, vehicle, etc. to step up to the ceramic window film.  A huge difference in repelling heat.  I know this, first hand as I've had all the windows in my truck and our RV done with the ceramic film.

Go to a tint shop and they will use a heat lamp to demonstrate it for you.  The clear ceramic film is far cooler than the darkest limo tint in repelling heat but it does come in the different shades of darkness the same as tint.  I had my front windshield done in the clear and all the rest in dark tint ceramic film.  Huge difference when I'm parked in the sun, in the summer time and my dogs like it better, too (I originally did it for the dogs).
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:26:49 PM »

I used the Pinnacle Black Label ceramic coating on mine and very happy with it
Alan

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 03:08:22 PM »

I also know nothing about Wolfgang, but I used Adams Ceramic this fall before Biketoberfest and I love it. It is all in the prep work. applying it is easier than wax if you pay attention. There are videos at Adams that may help even for the Wolfgang plus I'm sure they are all over YouTube.
2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 10:05:23 PM »

Just a little update. So far the coating is doing an amazing job. It beads water better than I have ever seen. Very easy cleaning the bike. Much easier removing what the bugs left behind. It has also resisted swirling and has added a layer that has prevented a few scratches already. So far so good. Shines after cleaning to an unbelievable finish. 
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 09:27:27 PM »

Take all the suggestions above to heart. If the bike, or car whatever, is not "Slick" before, swirl free to looking like a mirror. It won't be when you put the ceramic coating on. Fine product, just prep and install as instructions say.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.