Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Sumped again!  (Read 42136 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Sumped again!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018, 01:16:15 PM »

Lemon Law applies to this situation. HD should step up buy the bike back without any questions asked...
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018, 03:03:24 PM »

Lemon Law applies to this situation. HD should step up buy the bike back without any questions asked...

Agreed!! Enough is enough!!

CoachMose

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2018, 03:27:09 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2018, 09:05:24 PM »

Germany has some of the highest labor costs in the world, and yet they sell that bike for $26k MSRP with a list of standard features that makes a $40k Harley look like a slacker.  Even with a Stage IV kit the Harley can't come close to the performance of the Beemer, and the Harley isn't even close in the engine reliability area. Now that they've created a model for the laid back American rider, I can't imagine why more Harley riders wouldn't switch in a heart beat.

JMHO - Jerry

That's what I'm thinking Jerry.  However, talking with Alan today, I don't think he's quite there yet.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2018, 11:49:14 PM »

That's what I'm thinking Jerry.  However, talking with Alan today, I don't think he's quite there yet.
As I told JC today I did go and ride it and for sure the performance is great and if I was looking for a every day rider for transportation I would be all over it but it just doesn't have that "it" deal going on. I know that sounds crazy and boy do I wish this bike did it for me but it just doesn't. Right now I hate the fact I love Harleys like I do and considering taking up bowling..
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018, 07:15:47 AM »

As I told JC today I did go and ride it and for sure the performance is great and if I was looking for a every day rider for transportation I would be all over it but it just doesn't have that "it" deal going on. I know that sounds crazy and boy do I wish this bike did it for me but it just doesn't. Right now I hate the fact I love Harleys like I do and considering taking up bowling..

Don't do it......it's a dangerous sport and you'll hurt yourself!   But if you do......I want to see pictures.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Miss our rides buddy!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 11:48:09 PM »

Don't do it......it's a dangerous sport and you'll hurt yourself!   But if you do......I want to see pictures.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Miss our rides buddy!
You too JC, you and Babe need to pull that beast to left side soon so I can chase you around some more!
Alan

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 12:56:57 PM »

As I posted a couple of months ago bike sumped and I melted the motor. Harley replaced entire motor and stage 4 and I got it back a few weeks ago. For the first time ever I made myself "play by the rules" and break it in exactly like the dealer told me not going past 3000 rpm's for the first 250 miles, change oil at 500 miles and then not over 4000 RPM's until 1000 miles. I had the tune scheduled for tomorrow to put back the TTS. Last Saturday I put the last 400 miles on to complete the 1000 mile break in and stopped at the gas station a couple of miles from my house to fill up so I would be ready to roll tomorrow morning and when I took off from the station bike fell on its face and I knew I was screwed. Got home and oil barely registered on the stick. got to dealer Wed and they called me yesterday to tell me bike sumped again!
I am so frustrated I cant think straight!
Before I got this bike Oct 2016 I went and rode many different bikes trying to find something other than another Harley since I still have my 12 CVO Roadglide but i just couldn't find anything else that I really liked though obviously now I wish I would have.
I was so proud of myself when I pulled into that gas station knowing I was done breaking it in and that I actually never "ripped" the throttle and broke it in easy-how ironic..
Really not sure where to go from here but this is getting very close to the definition of insanity!

What's the latest update on your bike since the 2nd engine sumped?

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 01:07:03 PM »

really sad! :(that the 110 could be as reliable as the new M8. well,the M8 is not so new ,now. lifters are definitely easier than oil pumps. :-\ this kool aid is starting to taste bitter.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »

Sad to hear these M8 engine problems continue.
The local dealer wants me to buy a new bike but no way, when I go for a ride it is for days and miles  compounded by fun and knowing I am riding home.
Demo days are this weekend, if I go I will ask about the oil sumpping saga to see what they say.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 11:37:40 PM »

What's the latest update on your bike since the 2nd engine sumped?
dealer just finished it today. I will do the 500 mile break-in this weekend. Im cautiously optimistic, we will see..
Alan

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2018, 11:47:45 PM »

dealer just finished it today. I will do the 500 mile break-in this weekend. Im cautiously optimistic, we will see..

Looking forward to hearing how it turns out. I assume this is a new CVO 114 with a stage IV kit and the latest oil pump. Hopefully all goes well with your break-in as this is exactly what I’m having done next week. The 3rd engine in my CVO is getting its Stage IV upgrade with the latest oil pump. Sure hoping the third time is the charm.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 12:06:28 AM »

Looking forward to hearing how it turns out. I assume this is a new CVO 114 with a stage IV kit and the latest oil pump. Hopefully all goes well with your break-in as this is exactly what I’m having done next week. The 3rd engine in my CVO is getting its Stage IV upgrade with the latest oil pump. Sure hoping the third time is the charm.
Thats correct, this will be the 3rd M8 stage 4 (first 1 was a stage 3) and also hoping 3rd time is the charm!
Might get ugly if this one sumps..
Alan

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »

Or maybe ping pong! LOL.....Hey Alan have you looked at a MOTUS? Seen a few but haven't ridden one yet. Wondering if Susie and I could make a touring bike out of one with the tour pak on it. It is a cool scooter and made in the US

BigLew

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2018, 12:17:29 AM »

Germany has some of the highest labor costs in the world, and yet they sell that bike for $26k MSRP with a list of standard features that makes a $40k Harley look like a slacker.  Even with a Stage IV kit the Harley can't come close to the performance of the Beemer, and the Harley isn't even close in the engine reliability area. Now that they've created a model for the laid back American rider, I can't imagine why more Harley riders wouldn't switch in a heart beat.

JMHO - Jerry
this time next year thing are going to go to hell I a hand basket.  when all this wonderful m8s  keep getting a couple miles on them  and they  puke  and  will keep puking repeatedly. to those who do anything other than the  SE stuff your liable to get a hosing  of your life  even if it would have mad e no difference at all, in the outcome . it is what it is   .  how a company can get away with this is amazing to say the least. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.