• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Paint
« on: May 06, 2018, 01:12:28 PM »

I was at the dealer yesterday and they just got in a 2018 CVO Road Glide. I could not believe the decals for the stripes. Looked like a bike that should be entry level. Sp sad that harley thinks that is a good look. This dealer never gives discounts on bikes but because of very low sales they have changed their plan. Selling a lot of bikes but only because of the discounts.
Bill

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
Re: Paint
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 08:52:54 AM »

Concur, i haven't been to the dealer in awhile, but decals wouldn't work for me.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:26:55 AM by 68 XLCH »
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

Icewater

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE 7
Re: Paint
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 08:04:44 PM »

I don't understand where they thought this would go. I've wanted an orange and black cvo since I saw it on a RG several years ago just couldn't afford/justify the scratch back then. Fast forward to a nearly empty nest and a new wife who loves men with beards, chocolate and harleys.
 I learned I had to have throat surgery, wouldn't be able to ride for a few weeks, and no more smoking. So I announced that I would follow doctors orders but seeing as I had made it 53 years without doc using Duct tape and Vicks; something had to give. She asked me what and I said I'm getting a new bike. Her reply: "What color?" So I know I married the right woman. I go to my dealer and depression set in. They had a few new CVOs including an anniversary but none of them hit the spot. It was like having your mouth all set for steak and coming home to a pot pie. The sales lady saw the look on my face and asked what I was looking for. I told her I didn't see it but I wanted a low mileage '12 or '13 with the kick ass paint. She smiled and said it is in the back waiting for a fender. I can fix the fender so I told them to cancel the fender and make me an offer I can't refuse. Easiest deal I ever made and it would be in our bedroom at night if I could make the turn in the stairs. The point of my long reply is that if emotion is removed sales will suffer. They know how to fix it. I just wonder if they will.
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.