Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Cycle Riding Monikers  (Read 7336 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Cycle Riding Monikers
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 08:03:28 AM »

I'm a wannabe. I hope that never changes.

I wannabe a better rider - so I practice.
I wannabe a courteous rider - so I don't terrorize my neighbors when riding through the 'hood.
I wannabe riding with friends - so I plan trips and get our group out for a ride.
I wannabe in Laconia this year - so we're going.
I wannabe back in Sturgis in '08 - so we're going.
I wannabe riding with my best friend in the world - so I take my wife along.
I wannabe be riding by next weekend - so I'm logging off and going downstairs to work on the bike.

There ain't nothing wrong with being a wannabe.

Chief

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 08:14:17 AM »

I wannabe a courteous rider - so I don't terrorize my neighbors when riding through the 'hood.
I wannabe riding with friends - so I plan trips and get our group out for a ride.
I wannabe be riding by next weekend - so I'm logging off and going downstairs to work on the bike.

Chief

Chief, you did not click the wannabe button, cause it only shows 1, and I clicked it, so that has to be my one.

But I like your list of wannabes.  So I wannabe just like you.   ;)

Bagger

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 08:18:13 AM »

Chief

Hmmmm.  All that makes very good sense, Chief!  It is good to see you have plans to turn those "wannabes" into realities.  Way to go Bro!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 09:40:46 AM »

here tis,

Brought it home with 7 miles on it, now has 170.

Just another bike.

Had to move the scooters to the other garage. They didn't like that :(.

Damn, never noticed how white the exhaust is on the Frontier!

:2vrolijk_21:
Chip,
Looks nice :2vrolijk_21:, but you know you are going to have to give us some better pictures then that. You need to start a new thread in the Pictures board and tell us all about it with pictures from all angles.

In regards to the Frontier exhaust being white must be that high octane fuel. ;)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 10:48:54 AM »

Well to answer this question Mark i will use an old friends saying. "I amsk what I amsk." ( Popeye for thoise who couldn't figure it out.) I love to ride and thats what i do, just like the rest of us.   So I won't click on anything. because it all depends from whose eyes and point of view you are perceived. Rubber side down.  later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 11:19:21 AM »

I agree with you BigDaddy1569,
I consider myself a motorcyclist but have referred to myself as a biker as a way of shorthand. I also like  thewannabe definition by Chief! :2vrolijk_21: And in many areas I fit his definition too.

Whether you call it a moniker or a "label" that idea comes from both sides. Folks who don't ride want to label us so they know what status to assign to us in their hierarchy of social status. Sometimes so they can feel better about themselves.
The other side of the issue is ourselves when we choose to assign labels to ourselves and other riders. We attach importance to the labels to help define ourselves and boost our self- esteem sometimes at the expense of other riders. We should think about the reasons why we want to downgrade other riders when we need to pull together to protect or right (or privilege -depending on politics) to ride.
As an example many have a negative image of a RUB, maybe due to the fact that they didn't have to scrimp and do without and have years of hardship to ride a Harley especially a CVO they just broke out a checkbook and rode away. Yes, some of them are riding because it's the latest fad but think about this. Those same rich folks vote and have political clout that could help the average rider. They also help dispel the myth of dangerous and crazy bikers to the non riding public.
I wish in general we could get away from negative labels and just ride with self confidence and enjoy life not at other's expense.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2007, 11:32:58 AM »

Maybe I just don't get it. If you love riding motorcycles, you're a biker. Otherwise you're not. Over-analyzing it politically won't change that. You're either a biker or you're not. Substitute biker with motorcyclist if you want , you're still a biker. If you're gonna call it something, we're all bikers here! Ain't no way anyone participating here isn't! Whether you like it or not, you're all bikers! Especially you, Chief! You're just an out-of-his-friggin-mind biker! Anyone with the dedication to his bike like you, is nothing less. So to me, the monikers above should only be two; biker, or not a biker. And on this site, you only need one of them! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Farmer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 12:01:33 PM »

I called myself a "motorcyclist". I've ridden everything from British (Norton & BSA) in the 60's to motocross (Yamaha) in the 70's and even a Honda Silver Wing for a few years.My first Harley (a Wide Glide) was my 50th birthday present to myself, followed shortly thereafter by the Screamin' Eagle Road Glide. One thing I love the most about riding is doing it well. Setting up and executing excellent curves, feeding the power on and feeling the bike just diggin' it is a major adrenalin rush. It doesn't have to be a 180 hp Ninja to have fun. In fact, going a little slower and better is often more enjoyable than double-lining in a turn. Perhaps that's part of getting old!

The thing I like the least is riding with a yuppy (like my bank manager) that wants to be a little bit bad so went a bought a Harley but can't ride it. This type of rider is dangerous to everyone around him. One guy I know tells me repeatedly that his Ultra just doesn't handle like my R.G. I suggested he try leaning it a little instead of fiddling with the stereo.

OK, so it's still snowing and I'm a bit grumpy today.

DB

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2007, 12:09:59 PM »

I've got golf clubs, but some people don't think I'm a golfer.  When I do play golf, I keep score with a pencil without an eraser.  When I say that I shot a 98, you can count on the fact that I counted all the lost balls, out of bounds, and I didn't take any mulligans.  Do you just have to own clubs to be a golfer?  I guess that you could be a golf poser if you've got the shirt and shoes and just hang around the club house.  I really enjoy golf when I get a chance to enjoy it with friends.  It's a great way to spend four or five hours with folks who enjoy your company and they enjoy yours.

I've got a rod and reel too.  Am I a fisherman?  I love it when I've got the time to do it.  With the right company and the right spot on the water it can be a great way to spend time.

I'm not sure why the whole biker thing is different.  It seems that some folks enjoy bikes and some live the motorcycle lifestyle (whatever that is).  I guess that I've gotten old enough not to worry too much about what other people think.  I don't have to have someone else's approval to enjoy motorcycles, bikers, motorcycling, motorcycle racing, bike nights, long rides, short rides, rides alone, or rides with others.

I like to think that more riders and more folks with interest in motorcycles is a good thing for all of us that do ride.  When I ride, I give the rider's salute to touring bikes, cruisers, sport bikes, customs, and even the occasional mopeds.  I don't even wait to see what brand their on before I wave.  

I've been a rider since I was 15 years old.  I just took 30 years off - from about 15 to 45.  I just know that there isn't anything that I've done in life that I've enjoyed more than riding over the past four or five years.  I'm still trying to decide which category to check above.  Maybe there should be a "content with any of the above" category added.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007, 12:21:54 PM »

Well, I just looked in my wallet and found my AMA - American Motorcyclist Association card, so I checked that I'm a Motorcyclist.  I guess that will do!  If you're interested, check out membership at http://www.ama-cycle.org.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2007, 05:21:46 PM »

I've got golf clubs, but some people don't think I'm a golfer....When I say that I shot a 98, you can count on the fact that I counted all the lost balls, out of bounds, and I didn't take any mulligans....I really enjoy golf when I get a chance to enjoy it with friends.  It's a great way to spend four or five hours with folks who enjoy your company and they enjoy yours....

I tried golf once and enjoyed the experience. I learned a little lingo, although I didn’t get the mulligan right away. I did learn that when you hit the ball and it goes to the right, it’s a slice, when the ball goes left, it’s a hook, and when it goes straight, it’s a friggin miracle.

djkak

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2007, 05:33:08 PM »

I tried golf once and enjoyed the experience. I learned a little lingo, although I didn’t get the mulligan right away. I did learn that when you hit the ball and it goes to the right, it’s a slice, when the ball goes left, it’s a hook, and when it goes straight, it’s a friggin miracle.

djkak

What's it called when you swing and miss  :nixweiss: ?

(twolane is more attuned to golf courses where you hit the ball up a dinosaurs arse and down a windmill)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 06:12:42 PM »

I always thought those beautiful pieces of Real Estate that they call golf courses would be much better served as dirt tracks for motorcross! Uh Oh, Am I in trouble again? ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 06:19:59 PM »

I always thought those beautiful pieces of Real Estate that they call golf courses would be much better served as dirt tracks for motorcross! Uh Oh, Am I in trouble again? ;) Hoist! 8)
I never could understand why they take so much care in maintaining the greens looking so nice why they didn't level them out before seeding them. :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »

Well, I didn't mean to change the subject, but I have seen rigs that would allow you to put your clubs on the back of a motorcycle.  If they'd just let the bikes ride the cart paths, biker/golfers would have it made.  You'd probably hear new complaints about loud pipes.  Tiger wouldn't stand for potato-potato-potato during his back swing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.