Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Help w/ throttle body and cams 110 to 117  (Read 12657 times)

*58Vette

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond w/Crimson Tag Graphics
Re: Help w/ throttle body and cams 110 to 117
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2018, 06:02:27 PM »

I have a 5 gas analyzer and it displays  CO, CO2, O2, % vol;  HC,NOX, ppm and AFR.  You can display them all at once.

PAhunter

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2018, 12:58:43 PM »

You all have been a big help and I truly appreciate it thank you so much I'm still working on Final thought.

MCE

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2018, 04:05:20 PM »

You all have been a big help and I truly appreciate it thank you so much I'm still working on Final thought.

Selecting everything to match so it all works together is the key. There are plenty of builders out there that
can guide you through it with proven combinations. Everyone has their preferences on pipes, cams and whatever.
Find a good builder and follow their advice. Try not to fall into the 'dyno trap' where peak numbers can lead you
down a rat hole.

My advice is, be honest with yourself as to how you plan to ride it so you get the power where you need it.

PAhunter

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2018, 07:19:58 PM »

Thanks all

The decisions are complete. All parts ordered and coming in.. My hope is a blessing of Harmonious.

117 SE kit complete 58TB, 5.3 injectors, with the exception of...

~ S&S lifters

~ TTS150 cam
~ TTS Tuner

~ Red Line duel piston cam tensioner

~ Fullsac DX head pipe

~ Crusher Trident mufflers

I would concider purchasing heads that were worked in granite color(ANYONE?), I will not concider having mine done at this time, it riding season here in PA.
Bike will be built and tuned complete w a 1 year warrenty.

So I thank you and hope you like my final thoughts :)

Hunter

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2018, 10:11:24 AM »

I would not touch the tenioners.
You need more compression to get that cam right, let the builder guide. If it were in my shop it would be domes and bore plus hone. The band aid method would be milling the heads a little and .030 head gasket.
Skip the injectors, yours are fine at 4.9.
Heads are leaving 7-10 horsepower on the table.
Buy  a clutch upgrade, the builder that has to warranty this can recommend.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:17:02 AM by HD Street Performance »

PAhunter

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2018, 12:45:03 PM »

I would not touch the tenioners.
You need more compression to get that cam right, let the builder guide. If it were in my shop it would be domes and bore plus hone. The band aid method would be milling the heads a little and .030 head gasket.
Skip the injectors, yours are fine at 4.9.
Heads are leaving 7-10 horsepower on the table.
Buy  a clutch upgrade, the builder that has to warranty this can recommend.

Thanks HD Street

Clutch upgrade? AIM okay? I'm not familiar w a clutch upgrade.

~ I was mistaken the kit does not come w 5.3 injectors so yeah OEM thanks.

~ I'm assuming your saying Dome Pistons .. which ones?

Thanks
Hunter

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2018, 08:40:41 AM »

Thanks HD Street

Clutch upgrade? AIM okay? I'm not familiar w a clutch upgrade.

~ I was mistaken the kit does not come w 5.3 injectors so yeah OEM thanks.

~ I'm assuming your saying Dome Pistons .. which ones?

Thanks
Hunter

For 2013 and newer the AIM VP SDR is simple to install and works very well.  https://aim-tamachi.com/collections/vp-sdr
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2018, 09:50:08 AM »

Just don't get the Rivera Pro Clutch. Neutral is hard to come by. Anyone know a secret?

TIMINATOR

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2018, 11:03:12 AM »

I tried several different clutches in my 120+ HP Fatboy, always had neutral issues with all of them, then I decided to see how long the stock SE clutch would last in it. It was fine and had no neutral issues. Current bikes: wife's 2004 Screamin' Eagle Deuce at 121 HP and 125 TQ, stock SE clutch that came with the bike (they have a stronger spring) eight months on it so far. My Breakout 136 HP and 131 TQ, stock SE clutch that came with the bike (it too came with an SE spring), as of this date over 1 year on it. We drag race and street race(oops, I didn't say that!!!!) both bikes. A lot. I question why peeps are having clutch issues, or are they just changing them because it is recommended by someone. We have built many bikes over 100 HP with no clutch upgrades with no issues. I tell the customers, to run it and see if you have problems, you can always change it later. Just another (informed) opinion.  TIMINATOR

MCE

Re: Clutch
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2018, 12:32:01 PM »

Same here.

(The SE spring/stock clutch seems to hold up just fine (at least for 130 TQ))

PAhunter

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2018, 01:12:17 PM »

For 2013 and newer the AIM VP SDR is simple to install and works very well.  https://aim-tamachi.com/collections/vp-sdr

Thanks for the info

I have the AIM VP .. I put that in my 2017 M8 and shattered/stripped 3rd gear, I took it off and never re-installed for fear I was to hard on the speed shift. Later I found out that several others lost 3rd gear, so I feel better about re-install on this bike. I never blew a HD trans until 2017 M8.

Thanks Hunter

PAhunter

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2018, 01:16:54 PM »

Just don't get the Rivera Pro Clutch. Neutral is hard to come by. Anyone know a secret?

Thank you big help for sure w that opinion.. years ago I had the Rivera in my 2003, and that was a beast at rally's, worked great but wore out the hand.. over time I forget things, and I remember Neutral being difficult now thinking back. had to find neutral before rolling stop.

Hunter

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2018, 08:17:46 AM »

Thanks for the info

I have the AIM VP .. I put that in my 2017 M8 and shattered/stripped 3rd gear, I took it off and never re-installed for fear I was to hard on the speed shift. Later I found out that several others lost 3rd gear, so I feel better about re-install on this bike. I never blew a HD trans until 2017 M8.

Thanks Hunter

I am at 138.5 HP and 140 torque on my CVO King.  The AIM VP SDR is holding it just fine.  No neutral issues either.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

jagonza1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2018, 10:20:04 AM »

The  throttle body needs to increase with motor size. It is kind of true you if you want to get off the line is will respond slightly faster but the rest of the rpm range should increase.  56or 58 mm will work for you and smooth out the intake. you may even notice a little better gas mileage because you properly feeding the motor you build.

as for exhaust you headers are fine although I changed from V&H true duals to S&S power tune duals and find the torque to be a little better. I will know more after my next dyno. the bike quieted slightly.

Cams not sure on that one T-man and Woods have great options so does Andrews and S&S. I would stay away from Fueling Reapers. they causes me a lot of headaches and the customer service was not very good when you call them and try to figure out the problems. I had sumping problems  which nobody could explain but I put screaming eagles cams and sumping went away.
Later
John A. Gonzales

PAhunter

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2018, 04:29:48 PM »

The  throttle body needs to increase with motor size. It is kind of true you if you want to get off the line is will respond slightly faster but the rest of the rpm range should increase.  56or 58 mm will work for you and smooth out the intake. you may even notice a little better gas mileage because you properly feeding the motor you build.

as for exhaust you headers are fine although I changed from V&H true duals to S&S power tune duals and find the torque to be a little better. I will know more after my next dyno. the bike quieted slightly.

Cams not sure on that one T-man and Woods have great options so does Andrews and S&S. I would stay away from Fueling Reapers. they causes me a lot of headaches and the customer service was not very good when you call them and try to figure out the problems. I had sumping problems  which nobody could explain but I put screaming eagles cams and sumping went away.
Later
John A. Gonzales

Thanks for the definition
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.