Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The sad tale of “Johnny”, a second hand account of why Harley’s matter...  (Read 2105 times)

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black

So after reading so many negative comments about the MoCo (I tend to agree with most and get frustrated too), I thought I’d come on and share a true story that I find entertaining and heart wrenching.  I have changed the poor sap’s name to protect him from further embarrassment as it is quite an unusual name.  Here goes...

So Johnny was faithfully married for 20+ years to a woman that would never let him ride a motorcycle.  Well, as it happens so often, Johnny and Mrs. Johnny eventually divorced.  Johnny, licking his wounds, decided he was finally going to get a motorcycle.  Johnny, looked at Harley’s but finally decided with the recent financial disaster that divorce usually causes, he was just going to buy a bike that, in his opinion “looked just like a Harley” but 1/3 of the price. Johnny bought that Jap bike and proceeded to install straight pipes, windshield, and saddlebags...finally Johnny’s bike was complete and again, in his opinion “looked and now sounded just like a Harley”.

Fast-forward a year or so and Johnny has become an avid rider and rides every chance he gets.  So Johnny, with his new found taste for life, decided it was time to date again.  He began riding to bike nights and eventually other bars and restaurants.  One particular evening, Johnny, in his full motorcycle garb began chatting up a lovely woman. Over the course of several hours he and this woman had become VERY friendly.  Motorcycles came up during the conversation a few times and nearing the end of the evening, Johnny decided it was time to seal the deal by showing her his pride and joy Jap bike which he had ridden that night.  Well, she loved motorcycles and was eager to see his.  About 1/2 way to the door, she says to him “it’s a Harley right?” To which he said no but it looks and sounds just like one.  She stopped dead in her tracks and said never mind, I’ve got to go to the bathroom, Johnny was confused but said ok, she turned and walked toward the bathroom, he sat down at the bar and she never came back, presumably slipping out the back door.

The next week Johnny traded his Jap bike in on a Heritage Softail.

I wanted to tell this true story to remind us all that while the MoCo certainly has issues, they still build the most loved and respected motorcycles in the USA and most of us wouldn’t ride anything else!

oe542bob

• Full CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7(traded)
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE(traded)
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE(traded) ‘19 FLHXSE(traded) ‘21 FLHXSE

Ok “Johnny”, thanks for sharing the story!

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black

Ok “Johnny”, thanks for sharing the story!

Haha! I’ve never owned a Heritage!

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook

I get LOTS of compliments on my BMW K1600GT but I get MORE on my HD FLTRXS.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6

2 lessons here. johnny cannot afford the harley due to divorce. what makes him him think he can afford another woman who insists on a harley. ride the jap and forget about another woman and soon he can afford any harley they build. understand i have nothing against jap bikes. just do not want one. before, anybody gets upset with hate posts and emails i am just having a little fun.

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)

Johnny needs to fish in a different pond......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark

When asked "it's a Harley, right," Johnny's reply should have been "of course." Both would have ridden away happy.

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '15 CVO RGU (FLTRUSE) Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset: Hertz HCX165; FuelMoto Stainless 2-1-2; Fullsac 2.0;TTS-100; TTS Mastertune; SuperShox; Custom Dynamic Ringz, Freedom Shield

Perhaps he could have said "that depends.... are those tits real?"

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra - Riptide Blue

Another true story.

ultrarider123

Perhaps he could have said "that depends.... are those tits real?"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:32:14 AM by Haird »

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member

Maybe a true story, but that is one lucky dude?
He should have ran at full speed to get away from that.

By the way if your tool of attracting women is the brand of motorcycle you ride...  You may be the tool.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member

Another true story.
Now that's funny!

BigLew

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member

Johnny needs to fish in a different pond......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always told my 50ish year old single buddy he was now fishing in the nuclear pond. 

The fish in that pond where not keepers or they had already been caught and thrown back! 

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra

Good stuff guys. I met my girl at a biker party through a mutual friend. I can tell you if she didn't like bikes and riding it wouldn't of happened with us. A common passion is so important in a relationship. She and I only know 1 brand of bike....H/D! I hear the gripes on this forum but if it wasn't for Harley I wouldn't be riding!!   Lets hear some good stuff now... ;D

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.