Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Harley Recall - Clutch issues on CVO models  (Read 9738 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Harley Recall - Clutch issues on CVO models
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2019, 09:53:13 AM »

UPDATE.  Friend talked to our local dealer to get appointment to take his 2017 Limited in for the clutch recall.  Dealer said he is waiting on new kits as H-D has changed something (seal I think) in the recall kit.  Anyone else heard about this?  Wonder if there'll be a recall on the recall, lol.
I posted this to see if anyone else had heard of this.  I have not verified it but just heard about it from a friend whom I trust.  Once he takes his bike in I asked him to see if he could get verifiable info.  Service department said they were having difficulty getting kits in a timely manner and had to update bikes in their inventory before they could be sold so we were wondering if perhaps the moco got another vendor involved in making the kits and changed some part numbers to differentiate between vendors.  Just speculation at this point.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

bigsixman

• Full CVO Member
  • 2003 CVO Deuce FXSTDSE
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2019, 10:46:07 AM »

I have a 2017 Harley SGS and I received the recall notice early this winter. I called them a few weeks ago to set up an appointment and the service manager said that he was waiting on the 2nd batch of recall clutch kits and he would call me when they came in. He called yesterday and he received the updated kits and he set up an appointment for me to change out the parts.

I asked him what HD changed in the updated kits and he said he was unaware of what they changed.
2003 fxstdse CVO Deuce, 3,700 miles
2007 fxstd Deuce, 18,500 miles
2017 flhx Street Glide, 6,700 miles
Four 60s & 70s Japanese bikes

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »

Stopped the other day for an appointment and was told they would put me on a list.  There are 100 people in front of me, no kits!
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2019, 03:34:55 PM »

Stopped the other day for an appointment and was told they would put me on a list.  There are 100 people in front of me, no kits!
Exactly the problem.  And new bikes coming in that they want to sell will get put at the top of the list.  Fortunately I got mine done last fall when the very first wave of the kits went out.  Since then availability has been a problem.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2019, 03:41:36 PM »

Exactly the problem.  And new bikes coming in that they want to sell will get put at the top of the list.  Fortunately I got mine done last fall when the very first wave of the kits went out.  Since then availability has been a problem.

Same here, was one of the first bikes done, then not enough kits.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

bigsixman

• Full CVO Member
  • 2003 CVO Deuce FXSTDSE
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2019, 06:43:50 PM »

My friend and I had our 2017 SGS in for the recall this morning. It took about 45 minutes and everything works fine. We were not having issues with our bikes, but we wanted the updated retro kits installed
2003 fxstdse CVO Deuce, 3,700 miles
2007 fxstd Deuce, 18,500 miles
2017 flhx Street Glide, 6,700 miles
Four 60s & 70s Japanese bikes

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2019, 03:03:02 AM »

I posted this to see if anyone else had heard of this.  I have not verified it but just heard about it from a friend whom I trust.  Once he takes his bike in I asked him to see if he could get verifiable info.  Service department said they were having difficulty getting kits in a timely manner and had to update bikes in their inventory before they could be sold so we were wondering if perhaps the moco got another vendor involved in making the kits and changed some part numbers to differentiate between vendors.  Just speculation at this point.

I took my bike in for service and what I got was the recall kits were recalled... or some BS like that...

So far no clutch issues so i figure leave well enough alone.

I ride in Honolulu traffic daily so if it was going to fail by not it would have.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.