Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance & hines high output stainless duals  (Read 2974 times)

busarealfast

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Vance & hines high output stainless duals
« on: November 09, 2018, 09:23:12 AM »

Anyone run his exhaust on a cvo 110? Just curious if you are satisfied with the performance as I have read from some post's alot of performance loss when getting to big a muffler. (I noticed a sale on these)
Will they work good with a 117 kit?
2009 Ultra CVO Stage 4
Vance & Hines Pro pipe
Thundermax auto tune
Ephesians 2:8

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Vance & hines high output stainless duals
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 02:50:26 PM »

Anyone run his exhaust on a cvo 110? Just curious if you are satisfied with the performance as I have read from some post's alot of performance loss when getting to big a muffler. (I noticed a sale on these)
Will they work good with a 117 kit?

They do hurt a 110 - place a 2x4 over 1/3 to 1/2 the muffler and watch the power pickup.   

I’d suspect it will hurt the 117 a little, but I happen to like the tone of the mufflers.   When I upgrade the 15 motor from 110, I plan on keeping these mufflers and utilizing the power duals at least to start.

If your looking to make big or bigger power consider Drago’s 2-1 with Falsie or D&D Borzilla with quiet baffle and Falsie if power is the goal.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

busarealfast

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 09:28:57 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.
2009 Ultra CVO Stage 4
Vance & Hines Pro pipe
Thundermax auto tune
Ephesians 2:8

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 09:41:01 PM »

I bought my bike with Supertrapp slip ons installed. Switched over to High Outputs because I loved the look. I felt the low end torque loss immediately after pulling out of the driveway way. Being a performance guy, I couldn't handle it. Ended up swapping them out with Kuryakyn Crushers. Some people are ok with torque loss because their priorities are sound and looks. And there's nothing wrong with that. They were just not for me.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 07:37:36 AM »

I agree with Scott.  Torque loss is very noticeable in low RPM.  Sound Great, but I could not live with the loss of low end torque.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

noharley

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 10:57:30 AM »

I ran em full system (w/header) w/SERT on an '11 SG CVO. Great sound, mpg, and no torque loss.

Running V&H power dual head pipes, Rinehart Motopro 45, & FP3 on the '18 Gunship RG....awesome deep sound, 45 mpg, and torque is snappy as hell. I don't 'feel' torque loss (no dyno).

Full disclosure:... tried fullsac cores on stockers and Motopros w/out header & fuelpak on the '18 initially....wasn't for me... 
12" Yaffees
KW 9" Sport Flare
V&H Header/FP3
Rinehart Motopro 45
Legend Revo A
Legend Axeo Cartridges

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 07:16:37 AM »

Here is my latest Dyno sheet from a few years ago. The blue line is with the Vane and Hines Hi Output and the green line is Kuryakyn Crushers.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Vance & hines high output stainless duals
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 08:20:06 AM »

Here is my latest Dyno sheet from a few years ago. The blue line is with the Vane and Hines Hi Output and the green line is Kuryakyn Crushers.

T-Roy - thanks for the comparison graph

That’s 7 HP and compression is bumped compared to stock, and displacement is bumped   
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 08:23:03 AM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 01:49:39 PM »

I ran em full system (w/header) w/SERT on an '11 SG CVO. Great sound, mpg, and no torque loss.

Running V&H power dual head pipes, Rinehart Motopro 45, & FP3 on the '18 Gunship RG....awesome deep sound, 45 mpg, and torque is snappy as hell. I don't 'feel' torque loss (no dyno).

Full disclosure:... tried fullsac cores on stockers and Motopros w/out header & fuelpak on the '18 initially....wasn't for me...

That is very interesting to me. After installing High Outputs with a couple friends, I thought maybe we did something wrong installing them, that's how much torque loss I felt.

What I think it comes down to is reference. If someone is used to a bike running a certain way and a drastic change is made, their butt will obviously feel it. I went from a setup probably making 100tq shortly after 2000rpm, to a setup probably not making 100tq until 3000rpm or after. So to me, there was torque loss. On a different bike and setup, switching to high outputs may actually be an improvement. Like if they replaced CFR for example.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

noharley

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 10:30:13 AM »

That is very interesting to me. After installing High Outputs with a couple friends, I thought maybe we did something wrong installing them, that's how much torque loss I felt.

What I think it comes down to is reference. If someone is used to a bike running a certain way and a drastic change is made, their butt will obviously feel it. I went from a setup probably making 100tq shortly after 2000rpm, to a setup probably not making 100tq until 3000rpm or after. So to me, there was torque loss. On a different bike and setup, switching to high outputs may actually be an improvement. Like if they replaced CFR for example.

True Scott...my point of reference is limited...and I ride my bikes only. The '11 SG CVO was purchased with the V&H full system but I was coming off an '09 CVO Shark with gutted cats/sert/hi outputs that ran/sounded/performed. It had also been dyno'd. Those two points of reference were seat of the pants twins. The '18 I'm riding now differs with the Motopro slip ons and the M8 being the variants. It is plenty 'strong' but I should probably have it dyno'd....curiosity
12" Yaffees
KW 9" Sport Flare
V&H Header/FP3
Rinehart Motopro 45
Legend Revo A
Legend Axeo Cartridges

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 12:54:31 PM »

Here is a back to back with a borezilla.  124 w/ 662-2 cams. 

I have the 2-1 version on my bagger.  The muffler was replaced with a Supertrapp sc-4 and I love it.   I would like to play around with the 2-1-2 with same muffler just haven’t found someone willing to let me.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.