Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Photobucket - Sort of came to their senses.  (Read 1158 times)

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Photobucket - Sort of came to their senses.
« on: November 28, 2018, 01:51:16 PM »

Photobucket, after pissing off so many of us with their $500 a year plan for linked pictures has come to their senses. They are offering a 1TB plan for $48.38/year with fixed pricing forever or as long as they are in business. I reactivated so that all of my posts can now be seen in their original format with pictures. Here is the plan information.

1TB
Unlimited Image Embedding
$4.03 per month FOREVER
Act before midnight on November 30, 2018.

Scroll down the landing screen to see the Annual Payment options.

https://photobucket.com/forever/?utm_source=ga&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:13705657&utm_campaign=2018-11-28%2019153%20Time%20Running%20Out

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Photobucket - Sort of came to their senses.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »

I use Picture Trail and it's $19.95/yr for 100mb or 1500 pictures.  If you use their free uploading software it automatically resizes the pictures.

I've been on the same plan of 14 or 15 years now.  I have many albums and I'm still a ways yet from my limit.  They've always supported website hosting.

This may not be a plan that's right for everyone, but it works for me and I'm happy with the service and ease of use.

Here's an example of a 4mb original that's been resized for my Picture Trail album.

Pretty good quality for a website.

By the way, this is my new ride... :)  I've owned it now for several years, but it's still sitting in my buddy's garage down at the Lake.  His father in-law signed it over to him before he passed away in '08 and he's just hung onto the title without registering it.  Now that he wants to do the title switch to me, he "tried" to doctor the 2008 into 2018.  This DID NOT fly with the lady at the DMV, busted.  So she asked for all types of paperwork now.  So he's having his mother in-law apply for a lost title, which she is the rightful own of.  So this will reset the clock on the date and we should be good to go as long as he uses a different DMV... :)

This is an '86 with just 600 miles on it.  I got it running for him back in '08 or '09.  The carb was all gunked up.  He's just had it sitting and taking up space.  It will be a fun Home Depot type hopper around home.  These little 250cc Helix's will run all day at 65 to 70 mph; won't go any faster and that's at full throttle.  I don't remember the term they use for a motor/vehicle that's designed to run at WOT, but when engineered correctly, it works.  I believe that outboard motors up to around 150 hp are designed with the same WOT safety factor.

So if anyone is interested in a photo website and don't need 1tb, check out Picture Trail.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 04:12:32 PM »

they may have 'come to their senses' but i feel the same way about them that i do about myrtle beach.  you said you didn't want me, so i took you at your word and made other arrangements.  you want me now?  well, too bad.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 04:17:28 PM »

"Sort of came to their senses"?  The light is on or the light is off....there's no "sort of".

You might look at a Flickr Pro account, it's unlimited..... and very easy to use.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 04:42:22 PM »

I don't know if I'd feel comfortable having anything to do with someone who took my property hostage and tried to rape me.  There are other hosting sites around, so unless Photobucket had important photo's of mine I could not find the originals for I think I'd pass on their offer.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 06:05:07 PM »

I see some of my pix came back with a watermark on it.  I can live with that if I'm not paying for it though. As long as the WM doesn't appear in a crucial area of the pix, I guess I can live with it. I'm pretty much done posting multiple pix per thread now anyway. I used to do a lot of "how to" write ups for the Avalanche boards but since I sold my last one last summer, I don't do much with those boards anymore.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 06:07:08 PM »

I don't know if I'd feel comfortable having anything to do with someone who took my property hostage and tried to rape me.  There are other hosting sites around, so unless Photobucket had important photo's of mine I could not find the originals for I think I'd pass on their offer.

JMHO - Jerry
Your property became their property when you chose to use their server. Just like HD, gotta read the fine print.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »

"Sort of came to their senses"?  The light is on or the light is off....there's no "sort of".

You might look at a Flickr Pro account, it's unlimited..... and very easy to use.

Yes, I have Flickr and they announced pay for play under the new ownership. I had all my pictures on Photobucket with links on the conversation threads here at CVOHarley.com so this reactivated all those pictures. Saved me a lot of time and grief after 2-3 yrs without.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 10:34:59 AM »

JMHO - Jerry

They didn't steal my pictures they quit hosting the links. Now their more reasonably priced plan allows me to activate the links again. Believe it or not, I used to post pictures and step by step guides on this site all the time.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.