Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does anybody have any first hand experience with Proteng fire suppression system  (Read 1815 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

This has been in the US just a little over a year.  A fire suppression system that doesn't cause residual damage from water, foam or powder that other fire suppression systems use.  This system is supposed to be safe to use with automotive vehicles, generators, electrical systems, etc.  The link has a video and I've saw several other videos that shows this product to be very promising but I'd like to hear from somebody that has first hand experience with it.  Thought I'd try here since we have so many people from varied careers here.

https://proteng.com/
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3

Interesting, I carry two H3R Hal-Guard extinguishers in my Jeep Rubicon. I like the portability of grabbing one or both to go to where the fire is, even if it's another vehicle, which is actually more likely than not. I haven't thought of an extinguisher for my motorcycle/s, would like to know more about this product and the type of chemical it uses.  I did notice the following disclaimer which would turn me off.

THIS PRODUCT CAN ONLY BE INSTALLED OR UN-INSTALLED OR REMOVED BY A PROTENGĀ® DISTRIBUTION INC. DULY CERTIFIED INSTALLER.  DO NOT INSTALL OR UN-INSTALL OR REMOVE THIS PRODUCT YOURSELF. AFTER FIRST HEAT CYCLES PRODUCT LOSES FLEXIBILITY AND CANNOT BE INSTALLED TO NEW AREAS.
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II

Interesting idea with the tube.

The chemical is FM-200, the commonly accepted, environmentally friendly replacement for Halon.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Interesting idea with the tube.

The chemical is FM-200, the commonly accepted, environmentally friendly replacement for Halon.

Yes and I understand that they've been using this system in the NASCAR cars for awhile.  It doesn't cause the residual damage of water, foam, chemical, powder, etc. and so the repairs are much easier.  It's even used in electronic applications.

The down side, if there is one, is that it has to be installed in a closed in area (engine compartment, electronic cabinet, etc.).  I'm sure there would be many industrial applications and that's where I was hoping to hear from somebody that has had first hand experience.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.