Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Flagging pre 2017 bikes  (Read 1372 times)

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

Harley Flagging pre 2017 bikes
« on: March 28, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »

That have had the ECM flashed.
https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=108309.0

Think many with ESP might be asking their dealer for a refund, as some said if performance work was done by "them" it would be OK.

2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: Harley Flagging pre 2017 bikes
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »

Actually it’s ANY HD that is traded in consigned or bought.

The dealers are “snake bit” when it comes to the EPA and the consent agreement. They are worried about getting sued by the next buyer or the EPA.

They will return the bike to stock factory settings and charge the seller/trader for the expense.

I knew this was going to happen when the previous SE Tuners were recalled and the new EPA approved ones were rolled out.   

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:33:55 PM »

Interesting. Will be watching to see how this all pans out along with a trip to my trusted service department to see what they say. I think my esp runs out in Dec of this year and if I don't get a new bike this fall, I'm planning on renewing it. What I have now has already paid for itself with an amp, lifters and shifter shaft seal.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 09:00:11 AM »

Interesting. Will be watching to see how this all pans out along with a trip to my trusted service department to see what they say. I think my esp runs out in Dec of this year and if I don't get a new bike this fall, I'm planning on renewing it. What I have now has already paid for itself with an amp, lifters and shifter shaft seal.

Yes ESP worth it, IF one has left the bike stock. Moving forward it seems if you have had it tuned or other modifications, co-signed by dealers, it will now be voided. I have 2 years left on my ESP and have changed lifters, cams, pipe and tuned.  A conversation with the service dept at my local dealer is on the horizon.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 09:44:26 AM »

Your service manager can tell you whatever he wants, it means next to nothing.  At least in my area, that person will likely be gone by the next time you need service.  I don't think the Moco is giving dealers any leeway on this one anyway and it's likely to get worse.

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 07:00:26 PM »

Sounds like a reason to find a good independent shop who will honor your ESP like I did after having the bike at Rockstar HD for a charging problem but being told it was my aftermarket battery.  To quote the service manager " I don't want to insult you by telling you what the real problem is" what an ass hat!  Several months later with a new rectifier my bad battery is doing just fine.  I won't be back to Rockstar.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.